Gullible

By Idontbelieveinmagic - 17/06/2013 05:42 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, my dad refused to believe that the Animal Planet's mermaid mockumentaries were faked. Instead he got into a huge argument with me, claiming the government is covering up the existence of mermaids and must've threatened the producers to keep it quiet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 489
You deserved it 5 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FireFlie07 20

Eh, who said mermaids aren't real? They could be.

challan 19

What?! Are you telling me that mermaids don't exist? Next you'll tell me that Santa is imaginary as well!

Comments

camiftw 1

hey you never know.......mermaids could be real and his dad could be right

tj5810 21

Can you prove that mermaids DON'T exist?

Hey... Ya never know. The sea has birthed wierder things.

wanderingshopper 13

You're allowed to believe its fake. He's allowed to believe its real. WHY would you insist on arguing with your parent over a tv program?? Is your father any less a person than you?? I don't think so.

tweetybird_xo 1

Actually the government does pay off scientist/researchers not to publish their work... Same with genetically modified foods. You don't know what it does to you because they don't want it getting out! Every country bans bans & is informed about genetically modified foods. It's not banned here & nobody is educated about it? That's the government. There many things they don't want us to know. Especially with the navy and their sonar testing.. What do you think they are testing for? Why would they go into all of that for no reason on& on about mermaids? No. There most likely is a creature out there that resembles a mermaid. Get educated...

Ehh, despite whether or not the evidence they showed was "fake", their theories about the evolution do make sense (if you believe in evolution or at least have an open mind about it). Then besides all that, the majority of all the oceans is unexplored. There's probably billions of creatures that haven't been discovered yet. Who's to say mermaid like creature isn't one of them? Your father is definitely being a bit extreme, but the possibility is out there. I just wouldn't expect anything like Ariel lol.

I believe in all 'mythological' creatures because of things I have personally witnessed. But I don't expect other people to believe in them just because I do. People are entitled to their own opinions and beliefs.

Personally, I don't know if the documentaries are real or fake. I won't rule out the possibility of them being real though because the government is full of shady individuals who hide things.

ihainecross 4

I agree with your father. The government hides alot of shit and I believe that alot of what they said was true. You have the right to decide what to believe in but so does your father.

A lot of people don't know this..but, mermaids are real. & they do exist. I saw it on the HISTORY Channel & watched it with my bf. Lol & trust me, I was shocked at first!! :)))