Great solution

By sullry - 25/12/2019 05:00

Today, I had a talk with my roommate that last semester my grades took a bit because he stays up late every night playing video games. And then asked him about playing less, so I can get more sleep. Today also, he gave me a pair of ear plugs and asked if they would solve the problem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 607
You deserved it 888

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LadyRen 20

Did earplugs not work before? If possible try them and a sleep mask if the light from the TV is bothering you. Or try and find a new roommate if possible. If in a dorm, talk to the RA about this.

Sady_Ct 37

It’s called compromise. They both live there they both have a right to decent sleep and consideration from each other. As a gamer, I think this gamer is being rude, they can’t expect their needs to be all that matters. Both housemates need to sit and have a considerate chat and try to find a solution together.

Comments

so you think he should compromise when you're not willing to?

J15237 25

If your roommate is doing their part (paying half the rent or what ever arrangements) you are living in then you have no room to complain. Seriously for playing video games? You probably didn't sleep because you are stressed. Obviously your work is very important to you, but damn don't make excuses.

Sounds like a good idea. He shouldn't have to limit his time in his room ...

julfunky 29

If you were struggling from the lack of sleep why the hell would you wait an ENTIRE semester to talk to him about it? You’re an adult, act like it. Not saying YDI but damn dude, grow up and use your voice.

and this is exactly why I never lived on campus at college cuz I'd prolly end up in the same situation

randybryant799 20

Sorry but I agree with your roommate. Why should he stop playing?

wrenavery90 12

It's not his problem. It's yours. Hopefully the ear plugs work. It's ridiculous to expect him to stop playing.