Great planning

By TheBaconater - 03/02/2013 16:22 - United States - Baraboo

Today, I woke up to a voicemail from my manager saying I had the day off. Excited, I made plans with my friends. A few minutes ago I got a call from my other manager yelling at me for not showing up, and the original manager revealed he had me confused with another girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 767
You deserved it 2 247

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If the boss confesses to making a mistake, you should be forgiven

Good grief, one should think a bit of internal communication isn't too much to ask before they start yelling at the employees.

Comments

**** that shit show up tomorrow with the voice mail

The only thing he missed out, really, was a full-stop. Otherwise, I don't see the need to put in commas or anything, since I don't read that sentence with any pauses. Therefore, it's a bit pointless to get on his case about it, since a lot of people don't bother to put a period in their last sentences. It's not a huge crime.

Full stops are important though. I was reading his comment and suddenly I ran out of words. Very confusing.

28, if ten words make you run out of breath, you probably should see a doctor.

I ran out of words not air. I don't smoke that much.

I would have put a comma after shit... I read a pause there

It's not your fault it's your managers and he should take the fall for it

Well in all aspects you have the voicemail for your advantage and protection. Your boss is acting a fool.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Talk to both managers & if there is still a problem. Call HR & show them the voicemail. You don't deserve to get fired.

Bet you wished you let voicemail pick up for that last call. :P The next day: "Oops, sorry boss, I didn't hear that last message."

I would have called to confirm. Just saying.

This makes sense, at least to those who care about their jobs, or paying their bills.... Those that don't live with mommy.

I'm an adult with grandchildren and a job I've had for over 20 years. If I get a voicemail from my boss saying I have the day off I'm not going to call to confirm it. Her boss should have left her a voicemail asking her to call him/her and then tell her she had the day off. This would have saved on the confusion.

I'm so glad I only have one manager to answer to.

Satoaoi 13

she better had not gotten fired for there stupid ass mistake if she did she should sue for wrongful termination

Yeah, I would have called to confirm, or at least find out why I wasn't working.