Gift ideas

By EmmaG123 - 28/02/2009 05:54 - United States

Today, I sent my mom an email with "Bad news" as the subject. At the end of her reply, she said, "And don't scare me! I thought you were going to tell me you're pregnant!" I AM pregnant, and wanted to surprise her on her birthday. Guess I should get her something less disappointing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 106
You deserved it 5 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#3: Debate at school yesterday, someone asked if I was pro-abortion. I said, "Well I wouldn't say pro, but I'm pretty good with a coat hanger." Didn't go down well.

A few weeks after I discovered that I was pregnant, I posted something on my (old) LiveJournal that sort of sounded like I was. I was not happy with it, since it was unplanned and the result of protection failling and I thought I was too young (20, and never wanting to be a parent). Some of my parents friends had found my journal and were keeping my parents in the loop as to what I said on it. My mother and step-father like to treat me as if I am 10 years old... Well anyway, they took the hour+ it took to drive to my duplex and proceeded to scream at me about (possibly) being pregnant. I was only about 3 months along then, so I denied it because they were so mad. I ended up not showing through most of the pregnancy and didn't tell them until Christmas Eve. I had the baby on Jan 8th. We haven't spoken in going on 4 years now. My son recently turned 5.

Comments

caitlin_marie 0

hey there. i think you should tell your mom the truth. she is going to find out adventually, right? better let her know now the easy way- than later the HARD way. im sure she will get used to the idea after awhile and love you no matter what. take things slow and easy. things will be okay :)

@#15: Oh, we aren't 'not speaking' because of my child. It is about something else. X3

chlodog 0

i hope your mom is happy about it. are u out of highschool?

pawprnts215 0

you're married and old enough right? if so, she shouldnt have any problems...if not, im sure you can understand her parental protective blindsided ignorance about it.

She could be scared and still don't mind too much, (I think?).

If you're old enough and married and stuff, she'll probably feel even more embarrassed than you when she finds out. :]

you were gonna tell ur mom that u were pregnant on her BIRTHDAY???? wow u have a really f*cked up sense of humor......

depends on if she's married a lot of couples do this to their parents when married and expecting