Get on with it

By Pain - 06/05/2016 11:34 - United States - Andover

Today, my parents "suggested" I help them move house. I didn't realize that meant I would be carrying every single bit of furniture out of their house. The muscles in my arms are so tight now that I can't straighten them. I can't wait to help them unpack tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 291
You deserved it 1 720

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When you help someone move they owe you for life!

The critical part is done now - The actual moving. Sleep in today. It doesn't matter how fast or slow they unpack.

Comments

So don't. Say that you have a life and can't help them.

yeah a life, thanks to his parents! he can't just abandon them like that.

When you help someone move they owe you for life!

But when you help the people you literally owe for your life, everything cancels out, right?

OP owes his parents nothing for bringing him into the world. That was their choice to do so. It drives me mad when parents think that way.

You're right that he owes them nothing for being brought into the world... If that's where they stopped, but if they put a lot of time and energy into raising him properly. Buying gifts for his birthday and Christmas, helping with homework and teaching him not to be afraid of monsters in the closet, and were actually good parents then he owes them a LOT

No, that is also called being a parent. You chose to have the child, they didn't ask you to be born. You chose to accept the responsibilities by having and keeping the child. They don't owe you anything. I help out of love, not out of obligation. If my parents expected me to pay them back after I was grown for being a parent they wouldn't get shit from me.

Kinda unrelated, but your username made me laugh, OP. All these funny names out there, but the simplicity in yours got me.

It is your parents, they gave you life. Try to think of it as repaying them for years of free food, lodging, entertainment, etc. and maybe it won't hurt so badly

But that is their duty and responsibility as a parent.

Parents choose to have children, they are choosing to take everything that comes with that. You should help out when you can, but because of love and kindness just like anyone else you help and because many parents give children more than necessities. Chores are a bit different, though. The point is you don't owe your parents for them choosing to become a parent.

hellobobismyname 24

A child doesn't ask to be born and isn't automatically indebted to their parents. A parent however has a responsibility to their kids because they made a decision to have them/raise them. For example, my dad raised me but he was emotionally negligent, spent money on his friends and buying his own things rather than investing in my hobbies and even made us go without cable, hot water, and proper clothes for a very long time, then beat me up and kicked me out without clothes so I had to spend my money on rent and groceries instead of college, because I had a boyfriend. Now he leeches off my older brother and sister because he refuses to get a proper job and my siblings keep telling me to help because "it is my duty." It really isn't. Parents don't automatically deserve to be paid back. Even if they did provide for you for your early years. I don't mean this is the case for OP. This is just a direct reply to this comment. I hate the idea that parents are owed by their children no matter what just because they gave you life.

wow.. why dont you just say no and say you have done enough? Because they are totally taking advantage of you and thats not fair at all. Or they atleast pay you for all of your hard work

The critical part is done now - The actual moving. Sleep in today. It doesn't matter how fast or slow they unpack.

Remember you have a direct line- should you move ...

Bruh the best arms days are the ones where you can't straighten them after. You're gonna be swol as **** if you do that everyday.

I'm sure they appreciated it :) just pop some aleeve , warm bath , maybe some wine . You'll be fine .

MamaChey 24

Evidently, the magic age of the commenters for no longer being self-absorbed along with the feeling entitlement is 20 years old. It floors me that most of the selfish, bratty posts are coming from teenagers who still live under Mom and Dad's roof. I'll bet at least one of you are viewing FML on a mobile device or system that your parents bought for you Good job, OP for helping out.