Freaked out

By CriminalMistake - 04/05/2009 05:08 - United States

Today, I was leaving a campus parking garage. Suddenly, a huge man appeared behind me and kept saying "HEY!" "STOP!" In a gruff voice. I picked up my pace and so did he. I finally turned to him with a can of mace and threatened to use it. He was trying to return the $5 bill I dropped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 661
You deserved it 63 197

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, I noticed someone leaving the parking garage. She dropped a 5-dollar-bill. I picked it up and tried to return it to her, but when I caught up to her, she turned around and threatened to spray me with mace. FML.

lol at #2 But yeah I once saw an old man drop his glasses without realising, so being a good citizen, I picked them up and ran after him. I got punched by a passer-by who thought I was trying to jump the old man. FML

Comments

You never dropped $5. He just wanted to talk to you. ;)

BayArea 1

lol@ 9 glad im not like #7...YDI though

LilKonvicted 0

Maybe he just used the worst pick-up line ever?

nikki1001 0

Well I think if some guy was trying to attack you...he would have just snuck up behind you without a word. So I'm not sure you why you thought mace was necessary for a situation like this. I don't know many attackers who yell, "HEY! STOP! I'M TRYING TO RAPE/ATTACK/ROB YOU BUT YOU'RE WALKING TOO FAST!" Seriously now.

tardis_fml 0

Men don't realize what a dangerous world it can be for women, especially in places like parking lots. It sucks that the poor guy was just trying to help you, but it could have been something much worse, and so you were only protecting yourself. In the future, guys, if you're trying to get a woman's attention and don't want to seem sketch, you should probably say right away what's going on. "Hey! Stop!" sounds much more menacing than, "Excuse me miss, you dropped your money."

ohhhhshizzz 0

I agree with #16. #8, not all women believe that all guys are trying to get into her pants but pretend you are a defenseless woman, in a dark parking lot and a guy is chasing you. WTF do you do? Regardless of what they say, so stfu.

#16 speaks the truth. Everyone saying the OP deserves it because she's too paranoid...you people are stupid. Yes, a rapist probably would not shout "HEY! STOP!" in most situations, but when you're in a parking garage and there's a big guy who sounds menacing you don't have time to think "What would a rapist do?" There's a difference between too paranoid and not paranoid enough. I think the OP was just paranoid enough. She didn't even spray the guy, she just threatened to use it, which is enough to protect herself from rape/kill. If I were in his situation I would've understood. Seriously, are you people saying that you should risk being raped or killed lest you be "too paranoid"? Until you start pulling out a shotgun on people, there's nothing wrong with being suspicious. I hope no one takes your stupid advice and gets raped or killed.

#18: Maybe stop living with a victim mentality and learn how to defend myself? Anyways, being aware of your surroundings and vigilant against possible threats is a good thing - however simply refusing to acknowledge someone does nothing to protect you. Simply asking "What the hell do you want?" while continuing to walk would have resolved this harmless situation before he was within mace range.