By jennisyn - 02/05/2017 08:33 - United States - Newland

Today, I was happy to find flowers at my desk when I came to work. Then I discovered all the women received flowers, while the men received bonus checks. Yes, because women should be paid in flowers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 081
You deserved it 763

jennisyn tells us more.

jennisyn 11

This did happen on Wednesday, April 26, aka Administrative Professionals Day. It's a service company and it just burned me up processing bonuses for the men while the women got flowers. It made the ladies feel unappreciated. The work takes everyone. As for it not appearing until Sunday, there is clearly a lag in the time in uploading a FML and it being published.

Top comments

That... sounds like it could very well be illegal? Or need taken up with HR at the very least.

"Sorry, the HR department is just for men. You'll have to speak to your husband about your concerns."

Comments

That... sounds like it could very well be illegal? Or need taken up with HR at the very least.

Not really anything HR can do. It is not considered part of your yearly salary. A bonus can be in any form the employers wish it to be in.

Talis99 26

Maybe, but the employees can mention they'll make it public.

This is one of those cases where social media will help do some justice for a good reason.

wow... think its time to lay a complaint

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

yeah same here. thats a bit too ****** up.

I would agree. and if it is true it would be very easy to report considering it is very illegal

mermaidgirle 12

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Old time feminism, yes. New time feminism, no. Back then, feminists were only about equality between men and women. This is a perfect example of inequality. Wearing inappropriate hats because you hate someone is just being childish.

OfficiallyFluffy 6

feminism is cancer if this story is true then it is already 100% sexist I don't think women need to hang up to form a radicallist movement to be heard they already have a loud enough voice (no pun intended)

I can't begin to explain how furious I am that this comment has been hidden!!!! God forbid you speak the OBVIOUS truth! People need to understand what feminism is, and what it is not. Because it's all the lovely naive people that don't want your comment showing that allow actions like the head of OP's company to continue.

awildwhisper 30

Do you always preach this much?

I dont think a get together is necessary. A report to HR would be more fitting as this is illegal. A get together would be un productive.

Actually, feminism now is for equality. The only reason why it's called feminism is because when it started men had every rights and women not much. Nowaday's there's even intersectional feminism, the pupose of wich is equality for all gender, "races", ....

"Sorry, the HR department is just for men. You'll have to speak to your husband about your concerns."

Lucky O'Guin 18

Seriously? Where do you work on a Sunday that does this?

kelardy 11

it could've happened another day. The 'today' is kind of standard in all FML's though many people wait a little to post. I've seen OP's comment that it had happened a year or two before the original post when it had happened.

Lucky O'Guin 18

Why would someone post about something like this if it happened a year, a month, or a week ago? I hope they had enough sense to resolve it if so, and tell us the results.

Look at the date on the FML too - it was submitted on the 26th. The moderation process can take a few days.

dope_mcfly 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Can you spell LAWSUIT. You can complain to the EEOC and they will look into it. That's assuming that the men and women are doing basically the same job.

Report this to HR. If they are unwilling to do anything (because let's face it if this is actually a workplace policy they must surely be aware of who is getting cheques, but they wouldn't be the first ineffective HR dept) then get as many of the women together as possible and take official action. This level of discrimination is illegal in most countries.