Fence unmended

By Anonymous - 30/03/2023 02:00

Today, I spent the morning with my estranged mom to try and mend some fences. In two hours she managed to insult me 56 times on subjects such as my career, outfit, husband, children, hairstyle, and so on. Plus she “forgot her purse” so I had to spend £80 for the privilege of being insulted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 849
You deserved it 132

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait. You counted the number of times your mother insulted you and it was larger than 10 and you still stayed and paid money to be insulted, and it wasn’t, like, a comedy show where the comic roasts the audience? Is that a thing? I feel like that should be a thing. Anywho, after a while, draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough.

Comments

Wait. You counted the number of times your mother insulted you and it was larger than 10 and you still stayed and paid money to be insulted, and it wasn’t, like, a comedy show where the comic roasts the audience? Is that a thing? I feel like that should be a thing. Anywho, after a while, draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough.

Yeah, best to give up on the fences and start building WALLS...

You do you and all, but I’m having an extremely hard time trying to understand why you would even *want* to mend this relationship.

You tried. Now you can, with good conscience, throw that relationship into the waste bin and let it stay there.

£80 and a couple of hours for absolute certainty that you don't need to stop being estranged with your mother. Not exactly a bargain, butt there are far more expensive ways to learn this lesson. Take it for what it is, and realize you don't have to try any more. In fact, you're better off actively not by the sounds of things.