Fake News

By Anonymous - 23/11/2009 05:21 - Canada

Today, my friend called me freaking out because of an online pregnancy test. She was scared because she had no idea that she was pregnant, let alone having a fifteen-pound baby. The website is a joke. She goes to an Ivy League school, and I couldn't even get into community college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 012
You deserved it 4 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What'd she have to do, pee on the monitor?

Common sense is completely different to intelligence. Somebody could be incredibly smart, yet very naive at the same time. It doesn't mean they didn't deserve their place in the College :/

Comments

Haaaahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D I'm laughing so hard... :)

lol, this was on another website earlier, failblog.org, there is a joke about an online pregnancy test that was just put up yesterday, this could be real or it could just be someone's bad attempt at an FML

dancingyrlie 1

i thought the same thing. this is totally made up. in addition to the fact that anyone can get into community college so the OP admits to being a liar, NOBODY smart enough to get into an ivy league school would honestly believe an online joke pregnancy test. i would bet the bank on this FML being made up as a reaction to this which was just recently posted: http://failblog.org/2009/11/22/pregnancy-test-fail/

you do realize there's a difference between smart and book smart right?

expen_dable 0

sadistmonkey, as much as you want to believe that all those ivy league kids are "booksmart" drones who have no common sense whatsoever, the truth is that almost all of them are very smart. I love how all the high school dropouts here are trying to feel better about themselves by saying that Ivy League students are all secretly morons who have no "street smarts." Sure, that guy at Yale just made an advance in biomolecular research, but you have "street smarts" because you sit around trying to post witty comments on websites like these. LOL whatever makes you losers feel better about yourselves.

i had a boyfriend who thought like that. well he told me that i might be good in school but i would never be as smart as him because he knew how to take the bus. yes, he was serious. i'm not going to an ivy league school or anything. i'm going to an art school, but still. haha. 3 of my good friends are in ivy league schools and they are like the smartest people i've ever met. anyone can have no common sense, it's not just book smart people.

I go to Stanford University. I have met tons of people there who I say "only" have "book smarts." Not having street smarts means that sometimes they haven't learned how to support themselves, or sometimes they're somewhat naive. Only being book smart means that they don't internalize what they learn, that they can't do a research dissertation on their own, because they know what they are told, and don't know how to think forward and stand on their own two feet at such an advanced stage in their education. Neither of them implies that SOMEONE IS A ******* MORON. There are lots of people here who aren't very well rounded. But there aren't many of them that can't function on a basic level and who I would be worried about leaving alone in a room with a working electrical outlet.

budgie_jumping 0

Floating, I love how you can tell the comment of an intelligent person from the comment of, let say not too intelligent person of the sort "I hate you all Ivy League students, I'm smarter than you, you're just dorky" LOL

expen_dable you are being a pompous tool. shut the **** up.

Well she got in extra-curriculars.. jk I'm not that stupid ;o

athame1983 0

EVERYONE can get into a community college

My first thought! There are no academic standards to get into community college. Sounds like the OP was just trying to exaggerate, and is too young to have applied to college and know this common fact. I say this because she was obviously trying to use the admittance into college as a comparison of their assumed intelligence, and it fails as a comparison since their academic performance (barring the OP dropping out and never getting a GED) would not bar the OP from community college.

Your friend fell for something that you didn't, which means you're better than her and your failures in life mean nothing now.

I think my 8 year old brother would know that's completely fake.

sugarguru 0

YDI for being too dumb to get into a better school. She just doesn't have common sense.

mjnelson 7

There is no correlation between common sense and intelligence. If you don't know that, then YDI.

birds_fml 7

Why couldn't you get into community college? The only prerequisite they have is that you have a high school diploma or GED, and you have a way to pay, whether through credit cards, loans, or grants. Even retarded people get into community college. The fact that you're capable of posting on the internet means that you're smart enough to get into community college... you either don't have your GED or you have no way to pay, in which case YDI.

you actually dont need to even graduate high school to get into community college. there are no requirements except the small fees they need you to pay

I assume she's blonde? Seriously people who believe all these tests need to get some mental help.. It's one thing filling them all up cause you're bored, but it's something else to actually believe the results..