Ed Shitren

By tommy - 20/12/2011 22:41 - United States

Today, after spending months learning how to play the guitar and memorizing the music to my girlfriend's all-time favorite song, I performed it for her. Her response? "Well, you kind of ruined that song for me now." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 007
You deserved it 5 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mariyaaa 0

People here on formal seriously have really sucky boyfriends/girlfriends... Come on people, you all deserve better!!

Comments

I would marry someone if they sang to me lol it wouldn't even matter if he was good at it or not because it would show that he tried his best... She's a shitty girlfriend

UsEumYong 4

Dude you gotta turn off the "I just hit a wrong note" sounds on guitar hero...

All girls have their opinion good or bad on romantic things. Don't take it personal. She probably isn't the big romance time.

really? Months? Are you that dumb? It takes YEARS to be a good musician. Anyone can make noise in a few months, but yeah, you prolly did ruin it!

I'm sure OP knows he's not a great musician yet; he just said it took him months to learn the song. Get over yourself, no one's trying to steal your guitarist thunder here. He just wanted to do something nice for his girlfriend.

Are YOU that dumb? For all you know, OP could have been studying music from the time he learned how to pick up an instrument. Just because it took him months to learn ONE song, doesnt mean he's not a good musician.

Maybe she meant that she loved the way you performed it so much better, that she doesn't want to listen to the original version any more. Could've been a huge complement, not necessarily an insult.

Unless you are an amazing singer.... Leave the singing to singers.

Your next girlfriend will think it's awesome.

At least he tried, some guys won't do it lol

well the song shoulda stayed in the original form. that's why I hate one-instrument live music.

Not the point. It's the thought that counts