Deranged

By LightsOut - 21/05/2013 22:47 - United States - Melbourne

Today, and throughout the past week, my electricity, water, cable, and Internet were progressively shut off. Why? Because my deranged mother-in-law has been stealing the money orders I use to pay my bills out of my mailbox. She also stole the late notices because she didn't want me to be "mad". FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 937
You deserved it 3 409

Same thing different taste

Comments

God. I uses to live the same, strange and very difficult situation. We don't talk each other anymore, I think this is the solution, even if it's sad. Anyway... Good luck!

conholio33 28

Why not have all your bills emailed to you?? Also i hope you figure out a way so this wont happen again

Money orders typically aren't free and are something of a hassle to go get, so I'm guessing OP for some reason doesn't have a checking account, and perhaps no account that can do online bill paying.

caysters 12

Why would she steal them?!?! If they're made out to a company, she can't cash them.

Don't people pay their bills online nowadays?

RedPillSucks 31

You can't pay online if you don't have a checking account or credit card.

My observations are that it seems to be an American thing to not pay bills/ do banking etc online. Personally I don't remember the last time I paid a bill in person and I certainly would never send a cheque or money order.

stop using money orders! pay online if you don't want to write a check, this is the 21st century. or actually mail the money order at a regular drop box, your mother-in-law can't get in there...

How did you know the cable was shut off AFTER the electricity?

uhh, maybe it happened BEFORE the electricity got turned off????? -.-

inkdeath87 18

Your mother-in-law is a ******* asshole.

Get a checkbook or believe it or not you can pay bills online.