Dad!

By ScarredDaughter - 29/03/2016 05:01 - United States - Chula Vista

Today, my family and I were laying on my parents' bed watching a movie. My dad wrapped his arm around me and began rubbing my shoulder. That would have been fine, if it actually had been my shoulder and not my boob. Needless to say, we were both mortified. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 234
You deserved it 1 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I could just imagine both of your expressions as you noticed. Scared4Life

Comments

Wincest, a game for the whole family!

ChaiseT 16

maybe it's just me, but it's not really all that common for my dad to try to run my shoulders while we're all laying in bed together..

Idk, when I hug my dad he'll rub my shoulders. Sort of in the way you might do to warm someone up

darksunset00 16

I really hope he didn't try to salvage the situation by saying "You're just like your mother". Actually, for comedy's sake, I do.

Call me crazy but I never really laid down next to my dad while he put his arm around me. Even if he was aiming for your shoulder, I picture this being awkward.

It's not weird at all. I hate how so many people on here are trying to sexualise a cuddle with your parents.

A lot of people don't cuddle with their parents, so for us, it would be super creepy if one of our parents touched us that way.

yellowzinnias 20

Good for you 41. That's YOUR experience. Many of us do cuddle with our parents, so don't try to make us into something we're not. I'm 32, and I still cuddle up on a 2-person chair with Uncle (blood uncle I have mentioned before who helped Mother raise me, not uncle mentioned below) when I don't feel well physically and/or emotionally. (He's gay, btw, for all of the pervs out there.)

Well that is your experience then and shouldn't criticize #41 for having a different one. Idk I don't get why lying next to a family member while they rub your shoulders if you are past puberty sounds like an enjoyable activity.

I can see where that may be weird for you, I've stated before that my father stopped hugging or even wrestling with me because according to him I grew things. However as an adult with 3 children of my own all over the age of 15 I still take the time to lay on the bed or sit on the couch and cuddle with them while watching TV. I remember missing it when I was a child so I didn't want them to ever wonder when they grow up. Heck, there will probably be still cuddling with me when I'm in a wheelchair and they've put me in a home for dementia LOL.

Whiskey696 3

That seems like something my mom would say.