Creepypasta

By running scared - 08/04/2016 09:40 - Norway

Today, I found out that my violent ex has moved to my country for the sole purpose of tracking me down. I know this because my former boss called and told me she gave him my address. She loves the idea of us getting back together because, "You're such a cute couple!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 641
You deserved it 1 799

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ninjamadi 16

that's not right at all. bosses are not supposed to give out private information like that. you could report her if the ex is that crazy and get her fired for putting you in a dangerous situation

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Yeah, that's super illegal. It's like how doctors aren't supposed to give out info to people about your health and issues unless you state so; this was extremely uncalled for and I cannot believe anyone in that position would think that it would be okay. You definitely should report her OP. She endangered you just because she thought you would be a cute couple.

Comments

Donut_Wizard 23

He lives in Norway. You can't just buy a Glock there.

I can't see how adding a gun would help the situation, the ex is obviously more comfortable using violence than the OP, one mistake and they're the one with the weapon.

@71 Well part of owning a gun for protection is preventing such mistakes, most people place it in a safe by their bed or hide is somewhere not easily accessible by an attacker.

In which case surely it won't be easily accessible to OP if they are attacked either? I get that many Americans are super comfortable with guns, I don't want to start a massive gun control argument but in countries where not many people own guns the thinking isn't usually 'guns = safety', I'm not sure this fellow from Norway would find it reassuring.

If anything the discomfort would help. In america, people are sometimes wary of a tracking strangers because they might be armed. If the people are from a country that fears guns, it would make it even easier to deter people. It's also pretty easy to make it accessible for the person being attacked, either Carey it on your person or leave it somewhere they won't look but you can quickly grab it.

Norway has very tight gun control laws, I dont think they'll take 'wanting to give my psycho ex a good scare' as a valid reason for carrying one on him or not keeping it in a proper safe. I can't speak for everyone in countries like mine, but I would definitely not be prepared to use a gun on another person and that would cause risks calling for help and getting out of there would not.

tbh it basically all depends on how the ex asked for it.. maybe he told her that he wanted to surprise you and whatnot which seemed cute to her and wanted to do a favour for you? nevertheless she should have been professional and not give out personal details without permission.

It really doesn't matter how he asked. He shouldn't have gotten it, period.

Woops, misread your comment, my mistake. But yeah I agree with 52

Surely the fact that he had to resort to asking his former boss instead of a close friend or family member would be enough to give her some inkling that something wasn't right?

Abusers tend to be very charismatic, that's one reason why it should never matter what they tell them or how they ask. If the boss wanted to know if it was okay, she should have gotten a way to contact the ex and then call op to ask if it was okay. There is no way what she did was even remotely okay.

pharmalady 10

My abusive ex was extremely charming. He ended up raping me and I didn't report it. I'd seen how he'd told lies about me to other people who not only believed him over my protests but told me I was lucky to have a man like him. I knew he'd find a way out of it and I'd get punished. Even after I moved away I'd have panic attacks when the phone rang with his area code.

I'm very sorry you had to go through that, I'm glad that know you got away from him though.

Op is a woman. The boss gave HIM the address. Reread the post.

People have been complaining that they can't see the gender on certain devices, but there's a male symbol. Gay people exist.

robbiemad 7

Get a lawyer and start the protective order process. And have him sew your old company for the legal bills.

You could sue her for that. She's not supposed to give out your personal information.

He could probably have her fired for that and maybe fined or worse. What she did was illegal.

fmlrach26 8

Report both your boss and your ex to the police. So far, your ex hasn't done anything, but you may want to have some protection if he were to find you.

Op, you need to get the cops involved asap, find a safe place to hide, report your former boss for endangering you, and get protection. Whether it be a gun, mace, or a baseball bat, you arm yourself. Keep us posted please!