Clueless

By jobless1 - 05/07/2015 04:04

Today, I went to an important job interview, only to be told I'm not what such a "prestigious" company was looking for. This from a pimply-faced 20-something who took a personal call on speakerphone mid-interview, and actually said "LMAO" out loud at his friend's joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 660
You deserved it 2 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steve97 32

I wouldn't want to work for a guy like that you dodged a bullet OP

Comments

MrThump 16

Some dick head just probably promoted for the first time in his life and doing his first job interviews and feeling like god. Like others have posted already you are better off not working for someone like this dude who sounds like a new boss. Write the company a polite letter thanking them for the interview and ask to be removed from their references as the conduct of your interviewer isn't what you expected from such a 'prestigious company'.... Give examples and burn the revenge on the tard!

yellowzinnias 20

Might that pimply-faced kid have a graduate degree? Did you have the minimum education required for the position? I am currently applying for jobs and I've heard from 3 hiring managers that they're having to wade through applications from many people who don't even have a high school diploma/G.E.D. and even more who don't have even a bachelor's. They're master's degree required positions that start at nearly 6-figures. The way you phrased your submission, it sounds like you have the same entitlement issues.

Regardless of if he had a degree or not, what self respecting person says "lmao" out loud?

ao34501 5

It is still very unprofessional. Why would you bring in someone for an interview to say they aren't what a "prestigious" company is looking for? If someone gets an interview, they must have gotten someone's interest and are thought to be have the abilities and qualifications to fill the position. You don't openly tell someone that they basically wasted their time coming in. It is also idiotic to interrupt an interview for a personal call. There are only some exceptions to that rule and listening to a friend's joke is definitely not one of them.

Sorry to hear that but considering all of above, do you really want that job?

Post your negative experience with this company on Glassdoor or any other similar websites. Also you should mention it to the recruiter or HR. Your interviewer is unprofessional for taking a personal regardless if you were qualified for the job or not. He should mot get away with this behaviour...

Dear god. What company is that? Let us know please, so we never have the displeasure of working for them. Also, Glassdoor is a great website on which to post your interview experience.

if they show such blatant disrespect while hiring and consider such immature people appropriate for higher positions, you are better off not working there OP.

dblogic 19

I agree with #6, Steve97, you definitely dodged a bullet here. Could you imagine working with/for that douchebag every day? Clearly they only call themselves prestigious because a reputable company would never allow an interviewer to treat prospective employees in such a manner. Don't let this guy effect your confidence and get right back out there on the job hunt. Good luck!

Seems like a job you wouldn't want to take even if you were offered the position.

I read this and promptly bought more condoms so I won't sire one of these assholes.

If this is who the company has running interviews...They ain't prestigious. They're ridiculous. Count you're lucky stars you don't work amongst these morons.