Clout chasing

By Samantha - 31/05/2009 12:44 - Singapore

Today, I turned 22. Instead of cutting my own cake, I stood by and smiled at a friend's belated birthday party. Her birthday was actually two months ago, but she decided to have her party on my birthday. No one remembered mine but everyone got her beautiful gifts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 999
You deserved it 5 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

spidergirl41 0

haha that must suck. Go buy yourself a happy birthday to me cake, take a picture of itself and send it to everyone so they feel sorry for you and buy you stuff

that_one_dude 0

I would be pissed if that happend.

Comments

Some "friends" you have there... That really sucks :(. I'm sorry. Happy birthday!!

how can anyone click ydi?? oh and happy birthday

lauren9022 0

that exact same thing happened to me, except i was turning 15.

woah! no way! me too! except I ended up having my party but got crap for it because she failed to tell me when she planned her party.

Dude, wtf. Some friend. you should write your facebook status as "Thanks for the awesome gifts & party for my birthday guys! Oh, wait..." That really sucks. I'm sorry. :/

Glam_fml 0

Some "friends" you have there. If I were you, I would strongly consider getting a new group of friends - ones that actually remember your b-day. I know I, personally, make it a point to remember friends' birthdays. It's always so depressing when no one cares/remembers... Oh, and Happy Birthday!

kingbeau 0

That seems unlikely.... If you're going to go for shenanigans, I'd go with two WEEKS not two months... who the hell is going to give someone birthday presents two months after their actual birthday? If its two months after a birthday its not a birthday party, its just a party... and do 22 year olds even give each other "beautiful" presents? Seems the popular gift these days is something called... alc-hol... alc-ho-hol... alcohol? Except for family obviously, but if you went to a friends "family party" why would you expect them to remember your birthday or give you presents? Might be missing something, but yeah... And yeah, even if this is true, just stand up and say "Hey, guess who else's birthday it is!" or hint at it, don't just sit there whining quietly to yourself....

I hate people like that. She isn't a friend if that's what she does to you. Remove her from your life!

I agree with #12. That sucks, but you should've reminded people. I'm terrible at remembering birthdays; it's never personal. You could've had your own party if you'd told people it was your birthday. Happy birthday though!

That bitch. Next year, celebrate your birthday two months earlier on her birthday so no one remembers hers and happy birthday!

vvnz 0

sorry! i hate when that happens