Clout chasing

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Australia

Today, to give the illusion that I have friends, I wrote an outrageous status on Facebook, and then pretended it was the result of a friend hacking my page, all in the hope that it would get comments, likes, or at least some attention. Nothing happened. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 586
You deserved it 47 184

Same thing different taste

Comments

newjerseyguy 0

why not do what every other woman does and male a fake facebook page then you really can pretend and even comment yourself

coryadam23 0

wow..you suck so bad even alternate realities hate you. i must admit...thats sad

kaitlynlovemee 0

I wonder why you don't have any friends ?! Fag

Kelishas 9

Or you could just write normal status' and if someone genuinely likes them they will..

GRR!! I hate these fmls about people moaning about pathetic attempts to get friends. They're ******* shit.

just delete your fb. you're too lame for it. maybe go back to myspace or tagged. try plenty of fish, maybe you can find someone just as lame as you!

veritoswty6 14

well you are getting the attention here @ FML (: so u won't be alone after all..

theice 0

you do know you have to have friends for them to see right?

There seems to be a lot of experienced, mature individuals here, with a lot of real friends. And I wanted to benefit from your wisdom. Suppose I got out of the house, and am standing on the street fully showered and dressed, as it daily happens to me. Also suppose that I just moved to the city and don't know a soul here. Now what do I do to "meet people" and "make friends"? Step by step instructions are welcome! Only personal experience, please! Answer this if you ever managed to actively and successfully make at least a single lasting friend in your life all on your own! Also, we are speaking about actual friends, here. Not about non-hostile, semi-amicable relationships that you formed with your classmates, roommates, or co-workers in a subconscious effort to make your environment non-threatening and even pleasant. No, we're speaking about a relationship where two people actively seek each others company because they find it enjoyable. Also, Internet friends don't count, if you are creeped out, scared, or revolted by the prospect of touching that person with your bare hand in a three-dimensional space. I am eagerly awaiting your instruction! Already I see some people passing by. They aren't making a too great detour around me, so I suppose the shower is working. Now what? Do I stop them and bug them about the weather? Do tell!