Childfree

By Anonymous - 17/08/2015 08:33 - United States

Today, after hearing the doctor saying my girlfriend can never be pregnant, I got a bit too excited. I'm currently on the 5th hour of the silent treatment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 698
You deserved it 42 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get a vasectomy if you don't want children. Sympathize with your girlfriend because learning of infertility can be devastating for some.

Well I would say that you deserved it but you already know that.

Comments

Dude, just because you don't want kids doesn't mean that she never wants kids. You're a dick and YDI.

On the bright side you will never need to buy condoms again

Seriously dude. That's devastating news for us girls to get! We have dreams of having children of our own and I can't blame her for giving you that treatment. If you didn't want kids, use protection or get a vasectomy

Not all of us. Some wish we could trade our working uteruses with those of an infertile woman so that everyone could be happy.

I understand but it still pisses me off this jerk could be like this to her! I feel he should thank his lucky stars it's only a silent treatment he's getting

Hey, ********, for girls, being told that they can never get pregnant will most likely than not almost always will be the worst news to be given to us. Be glad you didn't get your ass dumped if she's not already thinking about it.

Wellllllll, being told I was pregnant would be the worst news I could ever receive, but to play the equivalency game, if I had a boyfriend who'd gotten excited over an unwanted embryo I'd just learned about, I'd be pissed too. OP definitely needed to keep his lips zipped.

How do you get excited over that? You would be getting far more than the silent treatment from me. I would be beyond distraught. I hope she has other, more sympathetic, people to reach out to for help.

TomeDr 24

Are you always devoid of sympathy?

that was a jerk move to do that. whether she wanted kids or not now she never has the choice to. its been made for her. youre her bf have some dang sympothy if my bf did that i would of broken up with him right away and wouldnt of given him a second chance. i would consider you lucky to be getting the silent treatment.

People need to know that they have options, even if they're only going to choose one. Knowing oneself's having been deprived of one of the most basic options other people have, like having a baby, can be devastating. Not only do you show no sympathy at all, but you're excited about it. Sad for ur gf, you're just one selfish and inconsiderate person.

For most people, being told they're infertile can be devastating. You're an a-hole, OP. YDI