Cheers!

By imamonster1992 - 24/12/2009 23:41 - United States

Today, my boyfriend got rejected by his dream college. In an effort to comfort him, I told him that he is incredibly smart and that it's their loss. He replied, "Of course you think so, you're an idiot!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 947
You deserved it 4 981

Same thing different taste

Top comments

he is the idiot. he's even rejected in dreams

soozjw 2

Comments

If you think dumping someone after an outburst like that, stimulated from a situation like his, is reason enough to dump him then you are way too non-understanding yourself. If my girlfriend didn't have the ability to understand my frustration after something like that I wouldn't want her as a wife. What happens when your husband loses his job or gets in a car wreck and misdirects his angery words toward you? You gonna divorce him because your feelings are hurt? How about his feelings? Always wanting to know the good ones but never the angry ones. The guy should say sorry though b/c it was rude.

So where do you draw the line? If it's ok to lash out in anger/frustration at someone trying to comfort you, is it ok to hit them in the situation? Kick a nearby puppy in frustration? Throw a rock through your neighbor's window? Seriously. It's called self-restraint. If someone has so little they can't help being a douchebag every time something goes wrong, they should live in a cave alone.

I always agree with Intoxicunt. It should be some kind of policy you have to agree to when you sign up.

Well said. :] They've got anger management for a reason. xx

I'm really curious, OP, what's your boyfriend's dream college? If it's one of the really prestigious ones, I bet I know several people who are smarter than your boyfriend and also got rejected. (Somehow, though, knowing this doesn't ease the pain...)

I see you live in California. Was it Caltech? That's my dream college too :D

It was a shitty thing to say, and you're perfectly entitled to be angry since you were trying to be nice to him. But unless he's usually this disrespectful, chalk it up to his disappointment and try not to take it too personally.

Rip his nuts, wrap them up, and give them to him for Christmas.

over the top u derp he says ur an idiot u rip his balls off? guess who has the anger problem

Mata_Hari 0

Do you have room under the porch?

nightmare1234 0

I would assume that Xmas present was a pair of crunched nuts, and that his second present was that he was now available for the taking. If not, it should've been.

Connkidd 0