Cheers!

By imamonster1992 - 24/12/2009 23:41 - United States

Today, my boyfriend got rejected by his dream college. In an effort to comfort him, I told him that he is incredibly smart and that it's their loss. He replied, "Of course you think so, you're an idiot!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 947
You deserved it 4 981

Same thing different taste

Top comments

he is the idiot. he's even rejected in dreams

soozjw 2

Comments

Some people just don't like being comforted, especially by their partner, because if they accept the comfort they think it makes them look weak. You just have to find a more indirect way to do it that's all. Like asking them for help with something you're sure they can fix, then praising them for that.

@85 This. You were just stepping on his pride OP.

tuboshu1986 0
AntiChrist7 0

Girls only love assholes. YDI

newsgit 0

Don't dump him. He was in a bad mood already, nothing seems good to him. He didn't really mean it, he was just a little sad and angry.

Yes dump him. Getting upset with her because he's mad about something else is one thing, but calling her an idiot is just out of line, and that shows that he really does think she is. People always say that when you're mad you just say things you don't really mean. This might be true sometimes, but more often than not when it comes to judging a person when you're mad, you're really just saying what you really do think, but you're usually too polite to say it.

Montyblanc 0

That was out of line. There is such a thing as self restraint, something he should use. All you tried to do was make him feel better, and he thanked you by insulting you for no reason. Well, it's time to put the cherry on top of his FML sundae and dump his ass. Tell him you don't date college rejects and tell him you want a big mac with a small fry, seeing that the next time you'll see him he'll be working at the local McDonalds.

If he apologizes, maybe you can work something out... :/ But I hope that he was just being snarky when he called you an idiot. >_>

You should have told him, "Then enjoy your Mc. Job you loser." And walk out on his ass. Because if he thinks you're an idiot than he's not worth your time. You were the one trying to make his whiny ass feel better, but if that's how he thinks about you then it's time to move on.