Boom!

By why do eggs explode - 12/10/2015 21:35 - Canada - Calgary

Today, while I was in the shower, my 4 year-old son wondered what would happen if he put 6 eggs in the microwave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 290
You deserved it 3 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like a great opportunity to teach him to clean a microwave.

The wonder of having small kids.. Good luck with that clean up!

Comments

GwennaRose 22

Once when I was a wee lass I wanted a warm hard-boiled egg at a hotel. I'm sure you know how this story ends

Well, when you leave a 4 year old unattended for, really any amount of time, things are bound to eggsplode.

It could have been worse. I had a friend who had the eggs explode when she took them out. She had 3rd degree burns on her chest and face.

how did a 4 year old manage to get eggs and put them in a microwave?

Well, I imagine they opened up the fridge, used their hands, grabbed the eggs, walked over to the microwave, opened it (maybe assisted by a chair they could climb to reach it) and put the eggs inside and pressed a button.

Better than wondering what would happen if you put 6 hamsters in the microwave. Silver lining?

OneFourNine 9

Being curious is a sign of intelligence but that intelligence got me burned and cut and bruised many times when I was a kid - not to mention everything I broke in the process. I was never seriously injured and I am glad your son was not hurt but many kids are not so lucky. If your son is anything like I was, he will always find new experiments to try... Parents beware - and parents to set limits accordingly...