Ban that "rule"!

By PeeFlavouredFloss - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Canada - Montreal

Today, I had to explain to my husband that the 5-second rule doesn't apply if you drop the floss into the toilet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 874
You deserved it 3 250

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Schizomaniac 24

Yeah, you're definitely right. As a microbiology student, I can tell you that aquatic bacteria are generally more badass than those that thrive on hard surfaces. Ground bacteria usually abide by the 5 second rule because they respect the law, but aquatic species are outlaws. They don't give a ****. I actually saw "**** the police" tattooed on an aquatic bacterium's head one time. You don't mess with them.

It would explain the yellow stains on his teeth.

Comments

Men have very few things that belong to them in a shared bathroom. Usually women fill the counters and shower with all their toiletries. All he wanted was one piece of floss to his name. It fell, he wasn't done, he did what he had to.

This is a fact. My girlfriend hasn't even moved in yet, and already she's got double the amount of stuff I've got in the bathroom.

Is it only me or I don't eat anything that touches the ground? Regardless of any places 0.o

KM96 24

Ewww ... I would postpone kissing him for a wee while

as long as he hadn't done his business in the toilet yet, the water in the bowl is actually cleaner than tap water. crazy, huh?

Schizomaniac 24

like finishing sentences? Yeah, yeah neither do..

People with short attention spans? But then again, there is...

Grauncho 27

It doesn't apply anywhere considering the very fraction of a second the piece of food comes in contact with a surface containing bacteria, millions of the bacteria ate already on it.

VScpu 3

Wonder how many times this happened before you caught him doing it

I don't know about anyone else but I just read this in Cleveland's voice.

Hahaha indeed now you're saying it makes me laugh.

Oh, wait. You have a bit of errr.. Stuff in your teeth.

Satoaoi 13

By right, toilets have fewer bacteria than countertops. Dogs drink that water because they can tell its cleaner the water in their dish.

Reddress 1