Bad doggo

By babyboomerang - 12/05/2009 11:16 - United States

Today, I spent hours baking a multi-layered, detailed cake from scratch for my mom's birthday. It took two seconds for my dog to devour the cake while I picked up a spoon I dropped on the floor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 933
You deserved it 6 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

angelxcollins 0

Oh gosh, that sucks. My dog wouldn't even wait for you to look away though, he would just go for it.

FBIWarning 0

Comments

UH, #37- can you train dogs to never bark, or never bite? NO! Like all animals, they have instincts. Notice the key word there was 'never'. I know you can curb certain behaviors, but you can never take out things that have been born into a type of animal::: like dogs and scavanging for food. Dogs just do things sometimes despite your hardest to stop them. OP: Sorry you spent all that time and effort only to have it be wasted on your dog.

Better start baking again........or just go to the bakery and get one.

#39- did the OP say she walked out of the room and left her dog in there with the cake? NO! She said she dropped a spoon and picked it up. How is that not paying attention? The only way she could have truely avoided this is if she didnt have a dog at all, because otherwise there are just too many oppertunities for something to go awry. So, I dont know why everyone is berating the OP because she spent 2 seconds with her attention diverted elsewhere. Is no one allowed to have pets just because animals act like normal animals with instincts?

lifsukssumtimes 0

number 37 if you were dog and a magnificent smelling peice of human food was RIGHT where you were standing, i'm sure your doggie insticts would kick in and you would have that swallowed before you could think of anything else.

YDI for being a nut job put THE CAKE WHERE IT HAS TO GO FIRST THEN GO FOR UR SPOON agh most americans do this crap btw#32 kill ur self now most not all

SpammityCalamity 0

YDI for not killing the dog afterwards. Or at least sending it to the pound. I don't know why people have this kind of patience with animals.

lifsukssumtimes 0

#49, you're such an animal hater. you could never send your beloved pet to the pound just for a mistake. and what do you mean "patience with animals" its as if you're saying they don't deserve life. pshhh.

chasing_adalia 0

#5 - My thoughts exactly. Now all we need is a turkey (or goose). This happened to my brother. He was about five, the puppy was about 4 months old. My bro made the mistake of putting his meatball sub down on the table and wandering off to go get a fork. When he came back, the sub was gone. The only evidence that the dog ate it was the tiny bit of tomato sauce under his very tiny chin. Haha.

Um, from what some people are saying, if someone said, "No matter what, do NOT move." Then they pull out a chainsaw and start revving it, and start running towards you with it. You wouldn't move? Yeah, that's about how it is. Humans have a little more self-control than animals, but still they fall into instinct too. So, don't say control your animals, sometimes, you just CAN'T control animals. You really CAN'T control them, you can try, but, your attempt will fail. The animal still has free choice. Only way to REALLY control it, replace it's brain with a highly developed machine that picks up messages from a remote control that you have. Then use the highly developed remote control to control it.