Average racist issues

By Anonymous - 30/05/2022 12:00

Today, my dad claimed that while he's "definitely not a racist", most of his friends sort of are, so was there any chance at all I might dump my boyfriend, because me dating a black man reflects badly on him, and soon he might not be welcome at the pub anymore. I'm this close to cutting him from my life entirely. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 221
You deserved it 222

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cut your dad out now. If you don’t, you are just setting yourself up for years of grief.

There's no "definitely not" or "sort of" racist among all of these douchebags. They are all racist! Cut all of them out of your life regardless of who you are dating.

Comments

Cut your dad out now. If you don’t, you are just setting yourself up for years of grief.

There's no "definitely not" or "sort of" racist among all of these douchebags. They are all racist! Cut all of them out of your life regardless of who you are dating.

You should definitely think of where his heart is at. What kind of father puts his own friends over his daughter in any situation at all? Let alone who you choose to love. And then if feeling that way isn't bad enough, what kind of man would think it's appropriate to express that towards you.

wysegirl 24

Cut him out. To hate somebody or look down on them just because of the tone of their skin is disgusting.

One can be not racist and still do the bidding of racists. OP’s father is what I would call a 1099 racist - not fully invested and racism is not his job, but he serves the asshole cause. As a white man entering into a relationship with a black woman, it makes me want to punch the ******, but that strength is better used by people like OP to fight through dealing with other other people’s bigotry.

tiptoppc 19

I feel for you. As a white male with a black, asian, hispanic wife, i ended up encountering racists on both sides of our families. Her family hates me because I’m white, my family hates her because she’s NOT white. Makes me glad to know i’m pissing off my forefathers in Louisiana for what I’m doing. I’ve thought about replacing their tombstones with a giant magnet and wrapping their corpses with wire. Might power my home with them spinning in their grave. It’s awesome to know i piss off racists.

Remember. if you say you're not a racist, but have no trouble with racist friends...then you're a racist.