You're going to hell

By he's not the one going to hell - 12/09/2014 21:11 - Australia

Today, some assface hacked my recently deceased friend's Facebook account. The person changed my friend's location to "Hell", then posted a status saying how hot the weather was, and replied "I wish :'(" to someone who'd said my friend was in a better place now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 203
You deserved it 3 417

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people are just unbelievably shitty. Sorry OP.

..........What the actual **** is wrong with people??!!!

Comments

Has anyone tried to think about the deceased friend asking someone me one else to do that before they died? I know I've asked friends to do that with mine when I die. :s or am I the only one?

20 said they want that too. But I think that only works if you asked someone to do it and all your friends & family knew you wanted it so they didn't think some jerk hacked the account.

MilkyFilmz 26

I hope the hacker got what he wanted..then proceeded to walk down the stairs and trip, hitting the ground with such an impact, their face is rearranged. Yeah, thats too much, but karma's going to get them GOOD.

How could they trip down the stairs if they already live in their parents basement?

MegamiKaosu 28

Have to walk back down there (bathroom trips possible munchie trip etc)

That sucks:( people make me so angry... Sorry for your loss OP!

thatguy240 27

Not to be a douche, but how does this affect your life

And my comment is irrelevant because the one I responded to vanished mysteriously.... disregard.

NiceGuysDoWin 21

Call the police, get their IP address from the comments/status, and get them arrested for defamation. Shit's super uncool, some people are crap human beings. I'm sorry for your loss.

IP address? hahahaha IP addresses don't mean anything. You can go through a proxy or some tor nodes and all they can see is the IP address of the last node. People have been selling drugs and child **** online without being caught and you think the police will catch a guy who posted some stupid comments on facebook? They won't even try finding him because tracking down people is extremely difficult and expensive if they're not complete retards. And even if they manage to catch him they'll have to find another proof on his computer because in court an IP address doesn't mean anything. Multiple people can share the same IP addr at the same time. You have to take a raw copy of his disk and try to find some kind of proof that it was really him. If the disk is encrypted properly you're screwed most of the time. Breaking the encryption key is just too hard even with powerful government computers :) It took them years to fin who's behind the silk road and if he didn't make simple mistakes they would still be searching for him :)

Could they find the exact location from the last time the friend's Facebook was last logged into though? I think you can ask Facebook themselves and they'll give you all the times, devices and places where your account has been logged into, but I'm not entirely sure? I think that's what happened when a girl 2 towns away from me killed herself due to some horrible bitch giving her heaps abuse anonymously on Ask.Fm. The Facebook and Ask.Fm accounts where linked and they somehow tracked her down and she was thrown out of her school...

No they can't see your location if you don't give it to them. The only way this coul work is if the facebook app has access to the phone's location but do you honestly think anyone with a brain would use a phone to do that? Computers don't send information about their position on the map. The only thing that's used to identify nodes across the internet is the IP address. The only IP address facebook can see is the IP address of the node that made the HTTP request to the facebook servers. That doesn't have to be the computer of the person who wrote those comments. The packets could go through 10 nodes in 10 different countries and each node can see only what's stricly necessary for forwarding the packets to the next node. It is possible to track down tor users but it's expensive and very complicated. Nobody will even bother doing this in such an unimportant case.

So, basically when teachers, parents, etc. are warning you about internet safety and they say that if you're careless on the web, creeps can track you down and kipnap/rape/murder you, it's pretty much lies unless, as you say, they have the money to do it and are REALLY determined to find you?

Or, if you give them personal information like your name, phone number and address. Most people make it way too easy for the bad guys.

Well, I mean if you didn't give those details obviously...

When teachers say don't be careless on the web they mean don't give strangers personal information. What did you think they meant?

Well creeps usually don't have the rights to access internet service providers data so you should be safe as long as you do not have any private info online :) When I say "any info" I really mean it. Now if we're talking about the police then if the IP address is not hidden behind some kind of proxy then tracking you down is simple. They get the IP, call your ISP and the ISP give the police all your data. Now they'd have to prove it was really you. That could be complicated :) Now if you're behind some kind of proxy or you're part of the TOR network you're pretty safe. Youy would have to do something really nasty to make it worth it to invest money into tracking you down. Most people from TOR are caught because of their own mistakes not because of TOR. There are some attacks that could be used to reveal your true IP address. That's the kind of job the FBI/NSA could do not some internet weirdo or the local police :)

NiceGuysDoWin 21

Basically, don't post anything online that you would not print out and hang around your neighborhood. If you wouldn't want your grandma, your best friend, your worst enemy, and some stranger to all see what you are posting, don't post it. No matter what anyone thinks, there is no expectation of privacy on the internet.

Mortoli 30

Lol best solution. Find out who it is and hack they account. Enjoy the great things to do with his/her account. I.e. find out if he has gf, if so break them up changing relation status fun I bet lol. Just saying.

Mortoli 30

Lol all they need is your Facebook account really. But all you need to find someone is Internet. I googled me moms name for the heck of it found address phone number and many other things that shouldn't be there lol. So believe it or not. All you need to find someone with is Internet. Computer phone etc it doesn't matter. So beware of creepers folks lol.