You can talk to us

By Lonely Loser - 27/07/2021 02:01 - United States

Today, I started self-harming again. My therapist keeps switching the subject when I try to bring it up, and my best friend has called me attention-seeking and selfish so many times in the past year that I’m too scared to ask for her support. I have nobody else to talk to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 308
You deserved it 253

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He who pays the piper calls the tune. When you pay a therapist, you choose the subject. If you want to discuss Olympic curling, then they gotta ******' discuss Olympic curling!

TomeDr 24

Time for a new therapist. They’re there to help YOU, not to listen to themselves talk.

Comments

He who pays the piper calls the tune. When you pay a therapist, you choose the subject. If you want to discuss Olympic curling, then they gotta ******' discuss Olympic curling!

TomeDr 24

Time for a new therapist. They’re there to help YOU, not to listen to themselves talk.

Lydmyers 9

I have been there, and I hope you are okay.

Not every therapist is competent or a good fit with each patient’s needs. You must change therapists because this one is not helping you.

I'm so sorry you're not getting any support when you need it most. I am clean 8 years from self harming and it can be done but only from excellent mental health providers to teach you coping skills. I too recommend changing therapist as many times as necessary until you feel supported and make sure you tell them you want to learn coping skills. You can talk till your blue in the face and it won't change anything. Feel free to message me if I can help.

randybryant799 20

You can talk to me. My name is Jennifer young-Owens on fb… look me up. You need a new therapist ASAP…

SteelyAnt 4

Sounds like you need a new best friend and therapist

You need to go to the hospital. I hate to say it, but you do. It's the only way to help break the habit and I only know that because that's how I stopped