Ex-friend

By Anonymous - 02/05/2023 03:00

Today, my friend, knowing my mental health is really bad right now, decided to yell out the fact I have an eating disorder, and how she never sees me eat ever, then started to talk about self-harm and how she would never do it despite what she has gone through. All while side-eyeing me when talking to other people. FML
I agree, your life sucks 844
You deserved it 118

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ex friend ASAP!!! Get a new friend and a therapist. Don't neglect mental health. Treat it while you can!

a real friend would go to a guidance counselor, NOT announce it to the world!

Comments

Ex friend ASAP!!! Get a new friend and a therapist. Don't neglect mental health. Treat it while you can!

I'm sure all the usual she sucks her friends comments are soon to come. But I wanted to give you a different point of view about how hard it is to be a BFF with someone who has eating disorders and inflict self harm. How stressing it is to worry every time she doesn't answer the phone how painful it is to see the cuts, to see her fade away.. And as a friend you are sworn to secrecy, you are not allowed to comment about eating or weight you are not allowed to ask about the cuts. This burden especially in young age is more than some can handle. To me it sounds she is just really worried about her friend and don't know how to deal with it and how to make it stop. Maybe she is not a trained professional and she didn't react in the best way. But seriously, none of you would have wanted to be in her place.

a real friend would go to a guidance counselor, NOT announce it to the world!

former friend...I would report her to your guidance counselor. Take care of yourself.

Sanctimonious, narcissistic, willfully ignorant sack of shit. That would be a better diescriptior than friend for this individual, although referring to them as a “friend” with air quotes could be a good shorthand.

Time for new friends. Try some support groups too.