With friends like these…

By petra84 - 22/10/2012 22:34 - United States - Evans

Today, I let a friend borrow a power saw. When I found it on my porch later, the blade was missing and the cord was cut. Looking closer, I realized it was his saw. He kept my new one. He totally denies that he switched them and now won't answer his door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 383
You deserved it 2 280

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Where I come from, people who do things like that are called douchebags, not friends.

Makes no difference if he switched them, you loaned your friend a good working saw he has to return a good working saw. As a last resort you could try to involve the police for theft but I would first try peer pressure and involve his parents

Comments

That's when you drop kick his door open and beat him up with his crappy saw. Then you confiscate your power saw out of his home and use it to power saw his balls off for screwing with you.

McAninch35 9

That's theft and last I checked, it's illegal. I'm not saying run to the police immediately, but if it can't be worked out between you two, call em up.

Reality_bites 14

Yet another example of why you should only lend things to others that you are ok with not getting back. I'm not saying that the OP deserves it (after all they were just being nice) or that the douchebag who stole it shouldn't give it back the original saw to OP, I'm just saying that now the douche has a saw and the OP doesn't and you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be hard to get it back, particularly since the "friend" denies having it. If they wont answer the door, they know they stole it. And whats more they have deliberately chosendecided to return their old piece of crap instead of doing the right thing and are ok with this decision, hence not opening the door. Maybe the OP should do the same thing back to them and see how they like it.

Some hell of a friend you got there, huh?

DasHaas 9

Looks like you have one less friend. Good news: since he is no longer your friend, it is totally ok to call the cops on him. Assuming you can prove it is. At any rate, the cost of a powersaw is probably cheap one to pay to find out you accidentally befriended a total A-hole.

Yes. That's the special relationship friends have: I scratch your back; you stick a knife in mine! Time to visit the DIY store and re-visit the concept of friendship. This guy is not worth your time.

It sounds like it wasn't a good friend, so pretty much you got rid of a piece of shit friend for the cheap price of a power saw! You came out on top!

dellam 3
CharresBarkrey 15

When you are saying "saw than coming" rather than "seen that coming" for comedy effect, whether you use "should have" or "should of" seems pretty irrelevant!

Except it is relevant. Having other parts correct helps distinguish if the guy was seeking a comedy effect or just a plain idiot.

dellam 3

Don't blame me if you can't read English . My country has a proper education system

I instantly thought of the older commercial of an old lady returning a tire to a store by throwing it through the front window. I think that's the best course of action for you.

That's why I don't like loaning stuff out cause you never know.