Whoomp whoomp

By Workworkwork - This FML is from back in 2019 but it's good stuff

Today, I’m trying to scrape $65 together to get the cheapest glasses possible. My partner is equally upset because she wants a MacBook to replace her working laptop. I’m only looking because I’m getting headaches from how old my current lenses are. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 700
You deserved it 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Selfish partner. Time to show them the door.

If you know what your lenses prescription is there are places on the internet to order glasses for much cheaper

Comments

Selfish partner. Time to show them the door.

If you know what your lenses prescription is there are places on the internet to order glasses for much cheaper

Not always, depends on your prescription.

Zenni Optical changed my life. Being able to see is useful.

Totally! Been getting all my family’s glasses from there since 2011.

Tell your partner there are cheaper laptops available than a MacBook. I got an HP Stream from Walmart for $200 and love it.

Ah yeah, I know that situation all to well. My ex would throw a fit every time I needed to get something that would cost any amount of money. But she would spend money all the time and would throw a fit if I said anything. Threw her out and upgraded.

MacBooks are great! They have great accessibility features so you can use it even if you’re as blind as a bat! Win-win!

Not sure what "partner" means. If you're just dating then your differing financial situations are still a problem but if you're sharing a home & joint bank accounts & all, but she expects a way larger portion of the budget than you, that's way worse. Heck even if you are just dating... if she can afford poser electronics, she can afford to at least chip in half on your glasses as a gift. Give her a big talking to about priorities and how love means concerning oneself with the needs of one's partner, but if she won't change, sorry but you gotta admit this is a huge red flag. Self absorbed heartless brats like her are the type to cheat on you while you're in the hospital "because you weren't paying enough attention" and shit like that. Bail before she ***** you over bigtime.

Trinity Fenwick 7

leave her now while you still can. if she doesn't care about your health now, then she d doesn't care about you at all, n she's selfish.

Zenni optical! You could probably get cheap lenses for half that price.

Eyesight more important than a MacBook, especially if it is just a "want" (just because) and not a "need" (it's broke). Get your eyes properly checked and looked after. Also get yourself a less selfish, more caring, partner.