Very funny, Mom

By ThanksMa - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, my mother and I walked past my boyfriend, whom she's never met. After we casually greeted each other and went on our way, my mother said, "He's cute. Who is he?" I paused for a second and replied, "That's my boyfriend." She then said, "Does he know that?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 096
You deserved it 14 552

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well... Were you ashamed to introduce him or something? No wonder she'd ask if you guys were so cool to eachother.

if he was your boyfriend why did you just casually say hi and walk past?

Comments

why would you not introduce him to your parents? I mean, i guess it makes sense if you've only been going out for like a week, but why not just use that as an opportunity to introduce him? Especially if it was in passing, it would be hard for your mom to be very "embarrasing" about it b/c you could just be like "we have to go now mom" or something

alex_vik 0

You should've introduced him to your mom.

skatingweasel 0

Well hey, at least they didnt just tackle each other and start groping each other. Although it would be funny to watch that happen. Especially with her mom there.

um i don't see how this an is FML. i mean a lot of girls say that they're like married to edward cullen or something like that, your mom probably assumed that you didn't know him (because of the nature of the encounter) and that it was something like that. your life is not ******, at least not from this scenario.

calmthefuck_down 0

if i was yer mom i woulda asked the same thing..

You guys didn't kiss or hug, or start hanging out with each other? If I was your boyfriend I would dump you. I'd think you didn't love me. You deserved that, man.

Not an FML. You should have introduced him like a normal person. Obviously you're not ashamed of him or you wouldn't be with him- or tell your mom that you are.

ashleyy_fml 0

Hahahahah. Not at all an FML. If she's never met him, and you guys just casually greeted each other and kept walking, what else is she supposed to think?? I would ask the same thing if I was your mother. Why would you just casually greet your boyfriend like that anyways? If I saw my boyfriend I would kiss him or at least give him a hug, that's a little rude to just say hi and walk away. And why didn't you introduce him to your mom? That's a little rude too. This sounds like you guys are like in middle school or something. That would make alot more sense.