Very funny, Mom

By ThanksMa - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, my mother and I walked past my boyfriend, whom she's never met. After we casually greeted each other and went on our way, my mother said, "He's cute. Who is he?" I paused for a second and replied, "That's my boyfriend." She then said, "Does he know that?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 096
You deserved it 14 552

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well... Were you ashamed to introduce him or something? No wonder she'd ask if you guys were so cool to eachother.

if he was your boyfriend why did you just casually say hi and walk past?

Comments

Eresbel 0

What's with the FMLs lately? They're not FMLs, they're "My parents are funny".

Chaith 16

I think you and your boyfriend handled that situation kinda strangely, not your Mother. Try to control your body language next time, so things don't go cold and awkward like that.

Slinky_fml 0

Well, maybe she was walking past him like on the escalators or something and they were just like "oh, hey." There's no point in them trying to jump across the escalator or something just to make out or whatever. And I agree, your mom was just being funny. Or she could have said it because sometimes when you see a cute guy (though its usually for celebrities) you're like "omg thats my husband" or something as a joke. So she might have just been like "really?"

why didn't you like talk to him or hug him or something?? how long have you been going out with him? .. thats so weird

love_lucy 0

ahaha number 7 and by this story it sounds like youre 12 years old lol if you were any older than that you wouldn't be that casual with your boyfriend, or at least your mom would know he is your boyfriend

#8, why was it more his fault than hers?

DeeJayD 0

I don't think it's weird at all. I'm assuming it was in public, and some people aren't comfortable getting all touchy-feely in public. Maybe they see each other in more private setting on a regular occasion and so a simple 'Hi' sufficed for now. It can take time to introduce your boyfriend to your parents. I know someone who was seeing a guy for about 5 months before their parents met them, so they might have been seeing each other for more than just a few weeks.

Agreed with #17. They probably didn't want the parents to be embarassing about it either.

abbydoll1414 0

Hehe, seems like your mother has quite a high opinion of you.