Tunnel vision

By what. - 04/05/2020 17:00

Today, my boyfriend said that no, I'm not allowed to get glasses and then accused me of wanting to see other men. No, I just want to see. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 971
You deserved it 196

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Suaria 38

He sounds controlling. If I ever had a partner who told me i couldn't wear my glasses I would probably break up with them. Someone who is controlling and won't let you see properly isn't someone you would want in your life.

Aiden89 23

The insecurity is strong with that one

Comments

What will he tell you that you can't do next? He is not a man

MsMourningStar 22

Oh hell no! DUMP 👏🏻 HIS 👏🏻 CONTROLLING 👏🏻 ASS 👏🏻

Any romantic relationship where "allowed" comes up like this, in earnest, you need to take a good, long look at what you're doing with that person.

Doesn’t he remember the old ditty: “Men don’t make passes at girls who wear glasses???”

At least look into contacts! I’m really being serious! If my girl got geeky classes I probably wouldn’t stay around.

Good to know there's an easy way to get you to leave!

Vesi 29

I don't think your hand counts as a girlfriend... =)

Wish I could marry my left hand! Be a lot cheaper and less annoying. Imagine the look on their faces when I take a $100,000 life insurance policy on it then three days later walking in with my hand cut off!

If this is a legit post, op, please get out. That's an extremely controlling and abusive move. This behavior will only continue to get worse if you stay. Today it's glasses. Tomorrow it's makeup. Then, certain clothing. Them, he'll be choosing ALL of your clothing. He may also decide that he's not sure he can trust you to be around your friends and family. After all, in his mind, they'll probably want to hook you up with other guys ALL THE TIME just to upset him. There are cases where even if there's no physical abuse, a controlling partner will decide what their victim is even allowed to eat, when to sleep, and even use the bathroom. I don't know you, but that's not a life I want for you.

dahthunderbird 8

why are you even with this guy who obviously manipulates and controls you?

Time for a less controlling boyfriend