Trigger warning

By Anonymous - 13/10/2023 05:30 - United States - Aiken

Today, I was on the phone with my boyfriend and I told him that I was going to tickle him, to which he responded me how he’d “crack” me in the head so that I’d never even think about tickling him again. It threw me into a panic attack and people laughed. I’m a survivor of domestic violence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 826
You deserved it 209

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If that is his response to a friendly tickling, then just imagine what happens if you one day say or do the wrong thing. Time to dump him, asap! Find a guy with a more evolved brain.

Comments

If that is his response to a friendly tickling, then just imagine what happens if you one day say or do the wrong thing. Time to dump him, asap! Find a guy with a more evolved brain.

So, as a survivor of domestic violence, you feel you have the right to threaten your boyfriend with domestic violence? Unwanted tickling is assault.

firecracker116 1

ma’am, that’s not dv, it’s called a joke and you clearly can’t take it. 😂😂😂

I doubt the guy meant to trigger you. Most likely it was a dumb, thoughtless joke. If he did though, you should get rid of him.

WTF! You're a survivor and he knows this but still thinks he can make this "joke". He doesn't respect you or care for you - dump his ass. Make sure he knows why too. The people around you who laughed obviously knew nothing about you (I hope, if they do then dump them too) or panic attacks are are just rude. But seriously OP. Dump this a**hole. You can do better.

It doesn’t matter if you are a DV survivor or not for purposes of this statement. He grossly overreacted, and if you continue to stay with him because he’s otherwise a good dude, insist on therapy. He probably needs it anyway.

tiptoppc 19

When are people going to recognize that tickling itself is torturous for some. I woul rather be punched full on than tickled, as a person with MAJOR sensory issues, I’d rather a one and done pain. Tickling technically can be looked at as a form of assault. I’m a DA survivor too (and a male) and being tickled or threatened with it sets ME into panic attacks. Why can you make that threat, and he can’t respond back with a defensive retort?

He may have been tormented by tickling as a child. I was when I was very young.