Toxic masculinity

By Bishop - 06/06/2012 14:19

Today, a man on the bus questioned my sexuality for being a male nurse. I asked him what he did and he said he worked in a garage. When I pointed out that I work with sexy nurses all day and he works with sweaty guys, he punched me in the stomach. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 327
You deserved it 6 645

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm thinking that even though you got punched in the stomach that is still a "win" on your half.

I work in a car shop and I would love to work as a nurse now that you put it that way haha

Comments

egc573 40

Don't worry. It was a momentary FML for you (unless he punched you hard enough to damage something). His life is ****** the rest of the time. Also, I'm not a very litigious person, but if you ever see him again, you should sue the heck out of him. He seems to have some major anger issues.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

One cannot simply sue just because someone has anger issues...

Ah, but you can file assault charges. Just saying.

But he doesn't even know the guy's name

Just get back at him. Does he have kids or family? Be creative and above all enjoy it.

You simply cannot reason with alpha male douche bags.

soccergurrll 8
Yarrachel 16

When I was a kid I went to a home run daycare run by a man. He used to get all kinds of crap for doing a so called woman's job, although for him the problem was more that people assumed he was either a pedophile or incredibly incompetent, because no man could possibly enjoy just taking care of kids and be good at it.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I hate that some people automatically assume that guys who enjoy taking care of children are pedophiles :| I guess it just shows how narrow-minded a lot of society is today.

Yarrachel 16

One of my mom's coworkers made such an assumption but said that it might not be as bad because I was a girl. I don't know if she meant that a pedophile would not go after a girl, or that me being sexually abused would not be as bad because it least it was still heterosexual, but either way it was a messed up and ignorant thing to say.

TheDrifter 23

It's a statistics thing. For some reason, an overwhelming majority of non family pedophilia cases are honosexual. I guess it's a cultural thing, pedos seem to prefer their own daughters, but other peoples sons.

The majority of pedophiles tend to be straight women or men actually. I think the choice to go after the same sex is more to do with it being easier to get unsupervised access to them, or because stupid people are less likely to believe anyone who comes forward about the abuse. I dunno, it's been a while since I had to read about this stuff.

may651 14

It's all good OP! At the end of the day, yout still have the sexy nurses. Just go into work after hours and let then tend to your bruising. ...over a little champagne, of course. Then things will get interesting...

Epsilonyx 15

Nothing beats proving you overshadow a "macho man's" masculinity. Go male nurses!

Some people just can't handle the truth ;) Bet it was worth it, though! X)