Totally worth it

By Charity Taylor - 05/10/2019 18:00

Today, after 8 years of being guinea-pigged for medical testing that "might work" on my ribcage for chronic pain, I finally caved and tried going to a pain clinic. The doctors' responses mostly consisted of, "That's weird" and, "That doesn't make any sense." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 577
You deserved it 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's weird that you spent 8 years seeking relief from an insurance agent who did medical experiments as a hobby in his garage. You should've been suspicious when his medical instruments were Snap-On.

if they can't find anything physical it might be psycho somatic (psychological pain)

Comments

It's weird that you spent 8 years seeking relief from an insurance agent who did medical experiments as a hobby in his garage. You should've been suspicious when his medical instruments were Snap-On.

bullsonyourface 20

sears tools, can't afford snap on

Charity Taylor 17

I'm unsure what you think happened but I did not go through any "agents" I went through multiple clinics & specialists not one ever included any devices to be used.

Since I had no facts to go on, I guessed you might have sought amateur medical attention from a hobbyist physician. Sometimes we have to make shit up. Hope you are getting proper care now.

Charity Taylor 17

Ahhh okay makes more sense you're good. They've come to the conclusion they need to find out if I have an extra rib, if that's the case it would be the cause of all my problems. It's still up in the air but I think it might be some progress.

if they can't find anything physical it might be psycho somatic (psychological pain)

Not necessarily true. I had chronic pain for 4 years right underneath my ribs (stomach area). They could never find anything until someone finally agreed to do surgery to look at it from the inside. They found 3 things! Doctors treated me like a junky the entire time until then and it was great to have some of them eat their words.

Charity Taylor 17

I wish it was. The cartilage is the cause but they can't find out why and have no diagnosis for it.

Took my years of having pain in the same exact spot. Have they done exploratory surgery?

Charity Taylor 17

no they haven't. they're too concerned about puncturing my lungs.

why would you wait 8 years? I'm wondering if maybe you need some psychiatric help?

Charity Taylor 17

Yikes. You think dark. I went through 8 years of going to various clinics trying to avoid being stuck on pain killers so I don't have to deal with addiction. Hope that answered your question.

Have you had connective tissue disorders such as EDS and hypermobility ruled out? Good Luck! Slipping rib syndrome is a sonnavabetch. I hope you aren't dealing with that.

Charity Taylor 17

So they haven't considered those as possibilities at this point they're saying the most likely cause is an extra rib.