By mysea8679 - 12/06/2013 22:09 - United Kingdom - Newcastle Upon Tyne

Today, whilst trying on wedding dresses with my mom, she told me that I looked fat and awful in the dress I liked. When I told her how hurtful she was being, she told me that I should be grateful that she told me what she thought instead of laughing at me behind my back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 454
You deserved it 7 479

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shadowedpixie 19

Better now than at the wedding.

RpiesSPIES 27

Honesty is the best policy. She could've been nicer about it, but you can still try on plenty more dresses to find the one you LOVE instead of the one you LIKE ;)

Comments

Jazzalyn 10

While it's better than turning up on the day in a dress that may not look good, OP's mum most definitely is lacking in the tact department.

She has a point that she at least told you the truth, but there are other ways she could have told you.

ItsAnanya 25

Now I don't really know if your mom was just being plain out rude or trying to help you. Because I know for a fact my mom would say the same IF I tried on a dress and it didn't flatter me. And judging from my dressing sense I get those remarks from my mum a lot and in the end she ends up making me try gorgeous clothes which I somehow seem to miss. Anyways If you really like the dress just get it! After all its your day [: Congrats on the wedding OP!

Knightwriter 3

This is one of those rare exceptions when you have permission to go all "Bridezilla" on her. lol.

Just make sure you tell the preacher to skip the "does anyone object" part, in case she decides to pick that moment to tell the truth, or just elope

Sometimes, women just as well as men can't take hints. If she was more subtle about it, would it have perforated the pre-wedding mist?

I rather someone be honest about something like that instead of just telling me nice things that I want to hear. Although since she's your mother, you'd think she would have said it nicer.

Better her now (where you can choose some other dress) than at the wedding by someone stupid and loud enough to say it there.

DollyDope 17