By latinalocks - 20/06/2014 04:59 - United States

Today, while working in a call center at a university, someone threatened to report me to the President of the University because "I" wouldn't accept their daughter who had a 1.5 GPA and "got accepted into Harvard". I don't even make the decisions, I just answer calls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 162
You deserved it 3 780

latinalocks tells us more.

The parent reported me to my supervisor, my super proceeded to pull the recorded tape of the call and took my side. Faith in humanity restored!

Top comments

There is no way that kid got accepted into Harvard... Lol too funny.... Let them report you.... Everyone needs a good laugh

This is the culture of mediocrity where everyone deserves Harvard, even the terrible student. Everyone on the team gets a trophy for participation even if they lose, just in case one of them feels sad for losing. EVERYONE loses now and them. The ones who pick themselves up are the winners.

Comments

Like mother, like daughter, at least in brainpower.

Where does it say that it was the mother who called?

Parent, then, I suppose. Not sure why I thought it was a female that called. Still, my point stands.

emily4040 18

I think its a mom, dads don't overreact like that.

kingdomgirl94 29

That's an awful stereotype. Clearly you've never met my dad.

I read this as being an angry middle aged man.

I think they meant because this sounds like something a mother in distress would do. Like your mom is (usually) always the one that believes in you and tells you can do all this and that, and seems to really believe so.

#121 Still sexist. Dads can also do that.

rieebee 23

tell her to send her daughter to harvard then.

So, they got accepted to Harvard but would rather go to [college OP works at, presumably not Ivy league]? Sorry, Harvard will just have to do... D

beaverteaser 16

didn't know Harvard had special ed classes

As a mom of a kid in special ed, I should find that offensive, but that was bloody hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

dead people don't know when they are dead, same goes for stupid people

The dead don't know their dead? Be prepared for zombie comments, my friend. Actually, be peppered for the zombie apocalypse in general.

If your craving brains, then you are probably dead. Which in that case don't look for that parent... Or their daughter.

Isn't a 1.5 GPA failing? I could be wrong

Usually, the standard follows a pattern: A=4 B=3 C=2 D=1 F=0. A 1.5 GPA, assuming six classes, would mean three C's and three D's; an A, a B, a C, and three F's; two A's, a D, and four F's; etc. Still, there is no reason why the daughter couldn't attend Harvard if the parent who called wasn't actually lying about it. I'm not doubting OP's abilities or anything, but the way that the parent said it gave me the impression that Harvard was the better college by far. Correct me if I'm wrong, OP. And anyway, it's not like OP would actually get into trouble for being reported. Everyone would laugh at the parent's stupidity, and all would be well. I also hope, OP, that stuff like this doesn't happen daily.

kingdomgirl94 29

Harvard is considered one of the top universities in the entire USA. Very hard to get into, very well known, ridiculously pricey.

30- it's hard to get into Harvard even if you have a measly 4.0 (Yes I'm aware that sounds ridiculous) let alone a 1.5. So yes there's a big reason why that kid has no business even applying to Harvard.

crazytwinsmom 25

My high school years ago had the 1 as the high grade instead of low. So my 1.2 was equivalent to 3.8. Maybe there's is the same and that 1.5 is a 3.5.

She probably made up that lie to make it more likely for you guys to change your mind on him