By latinalocks - 20/06/2014 04:59 - United States

Today, while working in a call center at a university, someone threatened to report me to the President of the University because "I" wouldn't accept their daughter who had a 1.5 GPA and "got accepted into Harvard". I don't even make the decisions, I just answer calls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 162
You deserved it 3 780

latinalocks tells us more.

The parent reported me to my supervisor, my super proceeded to pull the recorded tape of the call and took my side. Faith in humanity restored!

Top comments

There is no way that kid got accepted into Harvard... Lol too funny.... Let them report you.... Everyone needs a good laugh

This is the culture of mediocrity where everyone deserves Harvard, even the terrible student. Everyone on the team gets a trophy for participation even if they lose, just in case one of them feels sad for losing. EVERYONE loses now and them. The ones who pick themselves up are the winners.

Comments

Seems apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

skyeyez9 24

Well then you have nothing to worry about. You arent responsible for accepting retards into the university.

mattbaker 17

president is gonna kick their asses

I can't stand parents like this. I'm not American so I don't know how the GPA system works but clearly this girl did not get the kind of marks you need to get into Harvard or really any university. Rather than accepting that, this parent is making the DAUGHTER seem like the victim and is lying on top of that. How is this girl ever going to learn how to take personal responsibility if her parents are always bailing her out and assuring her that it's not her fault? It kind of reminds me of the kids who don't get the marks needed to get into university and then blame the fact that they couldn't get in on affirmative action. By the way, I am NOT here to debate on affirmative action! I am just pointing out that some people will blame their failures on anything other than themselves and affirmative action was just an example!

If they got into Harvard, then why are they trying to get into your school?

The more pressing question is how the daughter graduated high school. A 1.5 means she got a D or lower on all of her classes.

D or better. A is 4, B is 3, C is 2 D is 1. Therefore it was all Cs and Ds, most likely, maybe a B in gym.

Knightchaser27 25

She should enroll at Harvard before they realize their mistake

alice_18 16

If that's true, which I highly doubt, why doesn't she just go to Harvard?

I'm surprised she made it out of high school.

Yes a D average would be 1, Ds are passing grades in most places.