By anonymous - 15/02/2015 22:39 - United States - Valdosta

Today, while working at Subway I joked with a customer asking him if he was going to order in Spanish. The women in front of him began yelling about how I was being racist and told my manager that I needed to be fired. The customer I was joking with was my Spanish teacher. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 977
You deserved it 2 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ask is she wants to speak in dog language as she's obviously a bitch.

Comments

I also work at subway, just the other day this woman told my manager that I should be fired for not giving her a free sandwich. Just a free sandwich, no reason at all...

born_hustla 26

I cannot stand how things are always taken out of context and blown out of proportion and especially how people wanna drag racism into everyfuckingthing as if it was a quick fix! Racism is not always the cause or reason!! Damn.

NodakN8V 25

The classic "jump to conclusions" ....gets them every time.

This might also need to be on Not Always Right.

Did you tell them that? And in any case, people need to stop pretending to be offended by things so much

Personally, as a hispanic, I'm glad that people like her sometimes speak against racist comments; trust me, they build up and become seriously hateful and alienating after a while. Don't be so critical of people with that kind of intention. That said, I'm sorry that she seemed unwilling to listen to your reasons, which is why FYL.

I get where you are coming from and you are right of course, but people really need to start minding their own business a tad more or at least learn more about a situation first. By doing this, that woman was just as judgmental as a racist would be, judging something before knowing all the information. This is mostly the reason people can't speak their mind anymore, beyond the point of reason for fear of being attacked.

Also, but maybe off-topic, as far as I know 'hispanic' isn't considered a race, but it is ambiguous...

I also think it's way to easy to make inappropriate comments a casual thing given the right crowd. And on that, this whole comment section is screaming, "Let me say what I want and don't be offended by it." Most of the people don't even seem to be addressing the comment, but more so this ironically exaggerated idea of social censorship.

You shoulda just said hey mr or ms. Are u going to order in Spanish to make me practice for your class simple and could have avoided that

Since when do you have to explain yourself to every stranger you come across?

This must be an American thing, because here in the UK people would mind their own damn business...

I'm willing to bet this was a white person who couldn't speak one phrase in Spanish to save her life. I hope you ignored that moron, you knew who you were talking to, and people like her should learn to mind their own business.