By dukemisery - 05/11/2016 08:53 - Hong Kong - Central District

Today, while sitting down on the dentist's chair, the tooth to be removed came out on its own. I still had to pay $50 for the cotton and advice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 847
You deserved it 769

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah that's super annoying. I had to get braces and needed to remove 4 teeth. The dentist made me pay $150 each for three of them. The fourth one? $250. Why? Because he had to "pull harder" to take it out. It was absolute nonsense.

Comments

foxesntea 22

Ah the glory of being a dentist. Sorry op.

They actually wrote a law for situations such as this, but I hear the enforcement was toothless.

This move is known as the "reverse tooth-fairy" in the dental community. It's not nearly as sexual as it sounds.

That's really rotten -they'll charge you for anything.

No, They'll charge you for dental services.

And charge you for the appointment which someone else could have had. Time is money :P

Pretty sure that's illegal, aren't dentists paid by labor plus a set wage?

It's probably not illegal. In the same way you can be charged for a no-call/no-show at an appointment because they've lost any revenue with not using that appointment slot.

Yeah that's super annoying. I had to get braces and needed to remove 4 teeth. The dentist made me pay $150 each for three of them. The fourth one? $250. Why? Because he had to "pull harder" to take it out. It was absolute nonsense.

Wow, that's the most ****** up thing I've heard all day.

This makes me glad my braces and dental care was covered by the NHS at the time, I had two teeth removed for free. When I was a kid I needed 7 baby teeth removed and they took me to hospital for it. Now I'm paying normal prices, a visit to the hygienist seems extortionate. £200 for a filling, and it doesn't help that a new guy has taken over at my dentist and increased the prices massively.

$150 for an extraction would be called a simple extraction. $250 for an extraction would be called a surgical extraction. We choose our professions, can't be angry we go by a standard guideline of costs for procedures. Overhead & employee pay alone to run an office takes like 350 of those surgical extractions. Plus it's part of your health!

The stress of going to the dentist probably drove your tooth to jump out of your head. The dentist earned his keep!

Baron_Kaz 15

$50 Hong Kong'ese dorrars = $0.05 US. Quit whining now and get me my pok fly lice!

At least it's not $1500 plus insurance like I paid cuz my crown came off and broke one of my tooth that was attached too. So $50 your off easy.