By brittrod - 05/12/2011 01:13 - United States

Today, when my mother-in-law told me I was losing weight, my husband started laughing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 036
You deserved it 3 384

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ghm1234 0

How rude. ( full house: stephanie tanner voice )

flockz 19

sit on him and eat a double bacon cheeseburger.

Comments

FYLDeep 25

I don't really get it. How would the mother-in-law know that the OP was losing weight in the first place? That and why would it be funny to be losing weight? If you're fat, then you're achieving something positive. If you're skinny, then you better eat some more. I don't really see any of those scenarios as funny.

j_neee17 0

Basically her mother in las gave her a compliment saying she looks slimmer and her husband laughed because apparently to him she hasn't lost any weight .. So he's basically calling her fat !

FYLDeep 25

Why tell her that she's losing weight? That's such a quantitative thing to say, and doesn't really make sense without any data to support it. Saying that she "looked slimmer" would have made more sense since it's subjective.

FYLDeep 25

Maybe he just remembered a funny joke earlier that day.

Your husband should not have laughed! He was being rude.

jusbeingme23 0

Wat a dick..... Depriving someone of sex just makes the other person get it some where else. Duh, its common sense.

krissssy 0
nixter5 18

And you find a better picture. I have a sore neck from trying to look at yours.

Wow usually its the mother in law acting like a dick

perdix 29

It was nervous laughter. When one spouse decides to lose weight, it's usually not for the other one, but to find someone else. Happy couples tend to bulk up together.

ninjuh_wingman 29

22-I meant that the mother-in-law would end up insulting her, not complement her 29-I know that theres a lot of relationships where spouses get along with their mother-in-laws, but a lot of times when i read about something involving mother-in-laws on here, shes normally not complementing the OP

KiddNYC1O 20

When you see people a lot you usually can't tell the difference. So he's probably laughing at something else. Maybe you had a booger.