By lily_marleen - 24/10/2016 12:58 - United States

Today, we have a fruit fly infestation again because my roommate keeps buying fruit and letting it rot on the counter. Despite the moldy fruit being covered in flies, she insists it's my fault because I left an empty bottle of beer out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 141
You deserved it 703

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why not just throw out the fruit instead of arguing about it? Be less of a hassle if the fruit is dealt with before it rots.

Sady_Ct 37

Flies is flies. Fruit or beer. They will get into anything if you leave the door or windows open

Comments

Sady_Ct 37

Flies is flies. Fruit or beer. They will get into anything if you leave the door or windows open

val_428 8

Fruit flies, not regular flies..

Why not just throw out the fruit instead of arguing about it? Be less of a hassle if the fruit is dealt with before it rots.

tantanpanda 26

I have a better idea: subtly dab the rotting fruit juices in inconspicuous places on her stuff, or, I *suppose*, you could create a resolution by placing some ground rules for both her and yourself.

How very unappealing, let's hope this rotten situation doesn't ferment any longer.

Throw it out yourself and and stop leaving your beer around. And close your doors and windows, also make your bed, and clean your room, and do your homework, and tuck your shirt in, and nag nag nag.

ShortieRose 30

Throw out the fruit and put a bowl of apple cider vinegar with a drop of dish soap. You'll be rid of them in no time! Also rinse your drains once or twice a day with very hot water... that's where they breed.

Agree, Vinegar + Water + Dish Soap works wonders on these bastards.

Goblin182 26

Eat her fruit before it rots, tell her you have no idea what happen, maybe she ate it and didn't remember. No need and letting good fruit go to waste.

to get rid of fruit flies get a bowl and put a large slice of apple in it. then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and poke small holes in it. that way the fruit flies can get in but they won't be able to find a way out.

You're both wrong to some degree, until you can both admit this you're doomed to fail.