By theflow - 15/08/2012 17:08 - Australia - Perth

Today, thanks to a new form of birth control, I've now been having my period non-stop for six weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 230
You deserved it 4 546

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go with the flow (haha, get it?) But no, that is seriously awful.

Comments

I hate my period..... I'd hate to have it over and over again. But sorry , try different birth control, and yes be safe

vanilla_rayne 4

Sounds like an IUD. You can't just "try a new form" because it's implanted in your uterus until your Dr removes it. OP if you can get through this, it gets better usually! I've been there before....

izzy7 11

A normal human being would have figured out something was wrong and gone to the doctor by now. YDI

malikathamilf 2

actually, it's pretty common. in the paperwork they say "irregular bleeding may occur" which means you can bleed like a stuck pig for months. my doc didn't even give a damn and didn't tell me that could happen. they just want you to wait it out. i went on the pill, but changed my mind after a week, which caused me to bleed for months. i later found out that being on the pill for just a week sent my hormones outta wack. stop being a dumbass and assuming things.

izzy7 11

I was on 7 different kinds of birth control before I found one that worked for me. Spotting is normal while your body gets used to the hormones, but excessive full period bleeding is not. It is extremely dangerous and can lead to anemia and other conditions. I had one that had me going in for weekly blood tests because I lost so much and it threw my body so out of whack. If you had a doctor that cared even the slightest bit they'd get you off that shit and on to something that actually works.

MistaKrista 8

This happened to me when I was 17. Every time I would tell my Gynecologist she would feed me a line about how it "normal to spot". But I wasn't spotting and she wouldn't believe me! Finally I went to a regular doctor because my parents were concerned about me. First came the anemia. The anemia triggered fatigue. And the fatigue caused depression. Now, I take iron and estrogen pills to counteract it. I'm one wrong move away from a hysterectomy. On the plus side, it never made me gain weight. I guess I should be positive about that, Lol.

KelliePZ1 6

That's is just wrong! I'm so sorry.

Are you on the depo shot? If so that's normal. It will be like that for three months. Your body is just getting used to it. Hang in there !

See your Dr and ask them to prescribe you Primulot. It's a med that stops the bleeding so you can let the IUCD settle in. Increase the dose of Primulot for heavier bleeding.

Well at least ur not like my sister who got her period for 2 months straight

mypeeps18 6

If it's a form if the depo stop it that nasty shot shit made me bleed for 9 months straight!

Is it mirena? Same thing happened to me.