By theflow - 15/08/2012 17:08 - Australia - Perth

Today, thanks to a new form of birth control, I've now been having my period non-stop for six weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 230
You deserved it 4 546

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go with the flow (haha, get it?) But no, that is seriously awful.

Comments

pengin 13

I am so sorry, OP. That seriously sounds like a nightmare; 1 week or so is hellish enough. :( Go to your dr. again and see what you can do, like changing the b.c. etc. I'm so sorry for you :(

mrnuleef 7

My fiancee had the same issue, it'll pass. But the dryspell during that time sucked.

krylonpony 3

Whole nother' meaning for the phrase "River runs red"

shrdlu 28

For those who insist on finding a bright side to everything, this is probably better than an unwanted pregnancy.

Is it called stab ur Vag? Cuz I've heard it doesn't work. But seriously, you should consult with your local physician because six weeks of vag bleeding is not normal. It may be the cause of something else. Like an ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cyst, sexually transmitted disease, bacterial infection, just to name a few. Some the above can be fatal if left untreated.

ahippienamedrae 10

If she's been on her period for that long, she can't be pregnant.

He said ECTOPIC pregnancy not standard pregnancy...I don't know the exact length of time that can last but as it's not in the womb you can have periods at the same time and it can also cause vaginal bleeding.

Except that it's not actually period women on the pill have, but waste blood.. You can skip it as much as you want. And it's not an actual pregnancy, it's a "fake" one, outside your ovaries. Which can be dangerous if gone untreated..

Bleeding from the Vag doesn't necessarily mean that the body is going through menstruation(or period). There are many other things that can cause vaginal bleeding. It's not normal for a menstruation to last 6 weeks so it is wise to investigate other causes. An Ectopic pregnancy is when a fertilized egg implants in the ovarian tube instead of the uterus. This is dangerous because the ovarian tube is very small and is not designed to support a fetus. If left untreated the fetus can grow large enough to rupture this tube causing massive internal bleeding and sometimes death.

YDI in the commercials it clearly states bleeding or spotting may occur

Okay honestly nobody deserves that one week is hell enough. Not to mention the commercials are misleading bleeding or spotting isn't the same as, non stop period for six weeks.

Same here but for nine weeks.... Lovely...

I know the feeling. I had my period for a year and a half.

Cassandrax731 5

What kind of birth control are you taking?! It sounds like something from the depths of hell.