By way2go - 23/10/2013 16:32 - United States - Houston

Today, someone tried to steal my backpack from the hook on the bathroom stall. Good news: they were caught off-guard by how heavy it was and dropped it. Bad news: my foot is now broken from using it to cushion the backpack's fall. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 340
You deserved it 4 638

way2go tells us more.

Op here... The only reason I saved the bag was for my laptop inside... If it were just my textbooks I wouldn't be in a boot right now. I would have let it fall. Some of these comments made me laugh though, at least something good could come out of this!

Top comments

\ 28

In chess, this is called "zugzwang," an event that is inconvenient for both parties. Sorry OP. At least your goods are safe

You must have had a lot of expensive books in that backpack. I'm trying to determine what would be more expensive, replacing the books or getting your foot treated. This FML needs some cost-benefit analysis.

Comments

\ 28

In chess, this is called "zugzwang," an event that is inconvenient for both parties. Sorry OP. At least your goods are safe

Just wondering what exactly is OP's backpack contained that a FOOT IS BROKEN!

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Bricks and cement, or books. I'm leaning more towards the bricks and cement though. Those are items I never leave my house with. Never know when ya got to build a wall to keep those brain eating zombies afoot.

the OP isn't the one who was trying to steal

Yah, but at the same time a broken foot would be quite painful. Don't get me wrong if someone tried to steal my backpack, it would not end well for the other person.

73 - yer with those teeth no one is wanting a *******.... Ever!

And power corrupts, therefore it is not safe to learn. Ya hear that kids, no school!!!!! Anarchy!! Go apeshit!!!

77, why would you even waste space to type that?

103, just ignore it. The more attention it gets, the more it'll want. If you just leave it alone, it'll go away on its own once it gets bored.

tatertot1985 14

Damn op that sucks what are you carrying friggin bricks?

Are you kidding me? it's all the fkin text books they give you for each subjects.

I carry my binder and gym clothes in the same bag, and even my friends dad was surprised at the weight. So, it could be OP's gym bag.

Think about this, maybe he had 3 heavy subjects, so needing a text book for each one, plus probably at least two binders, maybe a book, gym clothes and a pair of runners equate to a lot.

I'm going to have to say that there was a laptop or some type of electronic item in the backpack that the OP didn't want to break. Otherwise why would OP catch it with his foot because the books wouldn't necessarily break but a laptop could. I could be wrong...

Anth6ny 9

#15 ha you're lucky my school cant even afford books.

textbooks are a lot heavier than you think. especially when you're trying to grasp it from an odd angle such as the attempted thief did.

You must have had a lot of expensive books in that backpack. I'm trying to determine what would be more expensive, replacing the books or getting your foot treated. This FML needs some cost-benefit analysis.

\ 28

What kind of traditional book breaks after being dropped?

\ 28

I stand corrected... If it landed vertically, it would most certainly break. My apologies

perdix 29

#3, go to Half-Price Books and get your foot smashed with cheap books!!

That's a nice slogan. Whoever said "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me" didn't consider this scenario. 30 - Could also be the getting the backpack stolen vs. having it drop on your foot. You shot yourself in the foot there, buddy.

\ 28

Cost to attend to a broken foot : $1,200 Cost to replace a stolen backpack full of expensive books : $1,000 Getting an FML about it published along with a host of superficial arguments: Priceless

12 was referring to if the books had been stolen, not the books breaking.

HeadlessSparrow 20

Regarding the cost benefit analysis, you should do the NPV of each choice and choose the one that gives you the better value!

12- Pretty sure he's talking about OP's foot.

MzZombicidal 36

12, I'm assuming they meant if the books ended up getting stolen.

12, I think Nyx was questioning whether it would've been cheaper to replace the books in the event that they were stolen or fix the broken foot.

Not only are college books fking heavy, they're really cheaply made. I remember having to buy a packet of paper stapled together for one of my classes as an engineer and it put me in debt about $150. Don't underestimate colleges.

Not only are college books fking heavy, they're really cheaply made. I remember having to buy a packet of paper stapled together for one of my classes as an engineer and it put me in debt about $150. Don't underestimate colleges.

Apparently school textbooks are useful after all! ;p

On the bright side, finally all the textbooks you have to carry pay off!

Pay off? OP's foot is broken, how exactly did that pay off?

122 I'd rather have my foot broken for a few weeks than have hundreds of dollars worth of books and maybe even a laptop stolen.... but maybe that's just me

take a break take a backpack. hope you're okay!

Was the hook on the outside? Never Really heard of a hook being on the outside of a bathroom stall

Sweetpea22 14

If the hook was on the outside, why would OP use it? Use your ******* brain before you comment

simple mistake on your part, but you misinterpreted what OP meant. someone had tried to reach over the stall door to get to the hook on the other side.

Oh I see, my bad. Your right the hook was on the inside of the stall, but no need to get so mad...

I didn't get mad. I was simply trying to help you understand.

I've never heard of such an eventful experience in the bathroom

Well sit tight, because here on FML, no one is safe in the bathroom... (Fades into the shadows. )

How about a cult hell bent on a mass suicide pact?

Pedophiles, child abusers, slave traders/owners, spouse/partner abusers, bad drivers, politicians, **** roaches, uber feminists, clowns, people who wear too much perfume/cologne, racists, bigots, single women with 5 kids from 4 guys who go to college free & work part time jobs but have better car & house than you,...... They're so many things worse than a petty thief.

What about a murderer with proper spelling?

i would say a rapist is worse then both as the victim has to live the rest of their lives in fear.

Did they reach over the stall door for it? How high up was the door?

Some bathrooms are built into changing rooms, with hooks in the changing rooms. I'm assuming that's what OP is talking about.