By way2go - 23/10/2013 16:32 - United States - Houston

Today, someone tried to steal my backpack from the hook on the bathroom stall. Good news: they were caught off-guard by how heavy it was and dropped it. Bad news: my foot is now broken from using it to cushion the backpack's fall. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 340
You deserved it 4 638

way2go tells us more.

Op here... The only reason I saved the bag was for my laptop inside... If it were just my textbooks I wouldn't be in a boot right now. I would have let it fall. Some of these comments made me laugh though, at least something good could come out of this!

Top comments

\ 28

In chess, this is called "zugzwang," an event that is inconvenient for both parties. Sorry OP. At least your goods are safe

You must have had a lot of expensive books in that backpack. I'm trying to determine what would be more expensive, replacing the books or getting your foot treated. This FML needs some cost-benefit analysis.

Comments

FlawlessSin 5

If you knew who tried to steal it, I would definitely make them pay for your broken foot.

skyeyez9 24

The people who can't imagine this scenario: next time you are in a public restroom, look at the hook on the door. They are usually in the center towards the top of the door. Some on the edge. A thief knows this. As most will hang their purse on it while peeing/pooping. Your pants and undies are down, mid stream they reach over and snatch your bag and run. You are helpless till you finish up. By then, Its too late. Always keep your bag or purse on your lap.

skyeyez9 24

Also, never let you child use a public restroom alone. Go inside and wait for him/her outside the stall. Last summer, my 9yr old went to a women's walmart bathroom and a Man with no pants and underwear stepped out of the last stall and tried to open my daughters stall door. Long story short: I screamed bloody murder, i started kicking him, and he was held down by others who heard the commotion and arrested. I am horrified at the though of "what If I let her go in the ladies room alone" while I waited outside? Normally I try to have her wait till we go home to use the bathroom cause public bathrooms are nasty. But with kids, sometimes they cant hold it that long.

skyeyez9 24

While what happened to us was I assume Rare. I dont want you to be paranoid, but then again dont let your guard down.

Mewmybeloved 6

what did you have? a bowling ball??

Op here... The only reason I saved the bag was for my laptop inside... If it were just my textbooks I wouldn't be in a boot right now. I would have let it fall. Some of these comments made me laugh though, at least something good could come out of this!

Yes, the laptop is fine, at least one of us came out unharmed

For a laptop, it's definitely heavy. But I also had 2 textbooks in there as well.

What happened to the person that tried to steal it?

At least the laptop is not broken, but sorry for your foot OP! Hope you get well soon