By Llamadroid - 22/05/2016 18:19 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, out of my whole class, I received no awards. All my teachers thought that I would get plenty from the others. Now people think I'm stupid. I have a 3.66 GPA and they won't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 714
You deserved it 1 470

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your teachers should have coordinated that better tbh

don't let others get to you. you know you have good grades and do well, that's all that should matter. If you do start to get annoyed, show them your report card, then that should clear everything up!

Comments

What award should you get for a 3.66? That's not good at all. Awards are hardly even given to those with 4.0+, you really shouldn't be expecting anything for 3.66. That's really not a GPA to be awarded for at all.

That's probably unweighted. And for unweighted that's pretty good.

I'm not too familiar with the US high school grading system like this, in Irish secondary schools under 40% (out of 100) is a fail and you're marked up to 100%, which is the best mark you can get (obviously), it is then is graded as A, B1, B2, B3, C1, etc. accordingly per subject (I can't remember how it's done exactly, but I think an A is over 90%, B1 is over 85%, etc.). Anyways, 3.66 GPA in America, from my understanding, is like a B/B+, is it not? That's pretty great, I think!!

Awards in high school are meaningless. I've never hired someone because of a single high school award.

Are you in high school or middle school?

I'm curious what the GPA of your classmates is if they got an award and you didn't.

What are the awards for? Maybe things have changed since I was in school... A 3.6 is great- but that's a solid B/B+ average. You should absolutely be proud in your accomplishment, but I don't understand why you are so upset about not receiving additional recognition. I don't think that would qualify you for Valedictorian. Is it an attendance record you were skimped on?

I had a 3.79 GPA and nothing to show for it. The teacher in charge of the honors society group didn't like me because I had quit the debate team freshmen year after she was rude to me so I didn't get invited to the group. I didn't get any ropes or medals to wear during graduation while people with worse GPAs than me did. Needless to say, highschool sucked.

JPBlaze1301 7

3.66??? Wow thats terrible.

Your generation is a bunch of whiners, Sorry you didn't get your participation medal.