By naughtytwinsisters - 25/02/2011 08:27 - Philippines

Today, our boss asked us out to lunch and told us to choose wherever we wanted to eat. Thinking that she’d be paying for it, we chose a pricey seafood restaurant. When we'd eaten, she told us that we could pay her back later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 657
You deserved it 33 413

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for attempting to take advantage of your boss like that. I'm sure that if you hadn't chosen such a pricy place, that she would've gladly paid without asking to be paid back. Ass.

Might presumptuous of you, wasn't it? The last few places I've worked the boss would always pay, even for regular meals, but I would *never* think about taking advantage of this by intentionally choosing high priced restaurants. You're an ass.

Comments

SarahStarzz 0

Might presumptuous of you, wasn't it? The last few places I've worked the boss would always pay, even for regular meals, but I would *never* think about taking advantage of this by intentionally choosing high priced restaurants. You're an ass.

ulicksam 0

YDI for choosing an expensive place just because you thought someone else would be paying. ********.

tuppencej777 0

Maybe your boss was going to pay up until you all showed how ungrateful you are by your choice of restaurant. She should have just said nothing and taken it out of your paycheck. That way you would all know what it feels like to be blindsided financially.

Khyle1396 0

It was a little selfish of OP to pick a pricey restaurant because she didn't have to pay, but her boss is still the one who invited her. The bill should automatically be left for the boss to pay.

Saying "hey let's go out to lunch" shouldn't be interpreted as "would you go out to lunch with me" in the form of a date, then the invitee should pay. The invited clearly deserve it. Just because someone is the boss doesn't mean they are better off to be taken advantage of. Many companies pay the same range for management as well as staff.

Khyle1396 0

Ehh good point. I'm really not the one to be talking. I don't have a job and I've never been invited out to eat with co-workers or a boss.

lidemocr 0

taking advantage of others is so unsexy