By Anonymous - 19/12/2011 20:08 - United States

Today, my wife threatened to end our relationship if I didn't skip work and stay at home. She's into astrology, and apparently when one of those money-grubbing frauds writes, "Betrayal will come from someone close to you", it's reason enough to suspect that I'll cheat on her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 317
You deserved it 3 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Torva_fml 16

You told her that she needs a new hobby, right?

The_Troller 14

Comments

PYLrulz 17

It's one thing when astrology is read and taken at face value, a joke. Your wife on the other hand... I would suggest calling for the men with a white jacket on hand.

If you feel like salvaging your relationship, or at least improving her a little as a person, try an experiment. Get a bunch of astrological profiles. Then mix up which sign goes with which one. Have her try to guess which is hers on a couple of trials. If they hold any kind of specific, consistent truth, she should be able to, right? Or dig up a few predictions from yesterday (from a source she doesn't read) and have her figure out which was hers for the day. If a specific one came true, she should be able to spot it.

I only WISH people who believed in the supernatural were willing to put their beliefs to the test, but chances are that proposing this will just lead to "Why can't you just respect my beliefs!?" and similar whining. Even if objectively proven false, a believer will continue to cling to their irrational beliefs, and will lash out against those who openly doubt and question them.

rainy_man 4

ohhh my... Im so sorry for you:(

kitsune3 20

Wow, that's just...**** it, i'm gonna say it bluntly. Your wife needs to pulls her head out of her ass. I find astrology interesting, but I don't buy the horoscopes. I'm more into the aspects behind the signs, as well as things about other celestial beings. Personally, I think people who believe horoscopes are no more sensible than any person who believes a cell phone app is right about the fate of the person's relationship. I feel sorry for people like your wife, OP. She's not stupid, just gullible as all hell.

twaumat 28

leave her! and if you dont have enough cohones then suck it up and deal with it.

You need a couple of guys in white coats to take her away!

Ur wife is very insecure.. Im a jealous girl no lie about that but to do that is just pass the lines of trust

I could care less if astrology is real or not, but I do appreciate the irony in that you are here spilling her and your personal business on the internet for the world to read.