By Anonymous - 04/10/2015 11:45 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, my wannabe psychologist of a brother accused me of lying about all the violence and emotional abuse my ex inflicted on me, all because I went into "too much detail" when describing it, which he says is something only liars do. Thanks for the support. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 608
You deserved it 1 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chrisbeaudoin 26

I think your brother should maybe the one to see a psychologist

Your brother probably doesn't want to believe it even happened. It's easier to call someone a liar than to accept the painful truth.

Comments

Or maybe something people focused on traumatic experiences do. When is your brother going to study PTSD?

That actually tends to be true. But I'm sorry, OP.

Yes, only liars give details...and people in need of a listening ear. Go to a real psychologist, OP, one who's less of an insensitive douche.

gilligan_isle 6

This is why people shouldn't make assumptions based off of a generality

Glynnis62 13

If that happened to me and my brother was that much of an a**, I would have given him an "example" of what the bastard did to me.

He needs to lay off of the Netflix detective shows and get a real job. Lmao

F*** your brother. Family isn't worth sh*t if they aren't supportive and loving. Also, CONGRATS ON GETTING OUT!!! It's not an easy feat. Know there are many people who are supportive and sending you well wishes.

I guess that your brother watched too much law and order and not enough paying attention in psych class. While it is true that most people do not go into detail about their abuse, they refrain from doing so because thinking about it at that level is traumatizing. It certainly isn't true of all people.

Your brothers an idiot and an asshole. Everybody remembers things differently.