By Anonymous - 15/12/2010 05:42 - United States

Today, my toddler stood up in a shopping cart and fell, giving himself a black eye. Later, while at a restaurant, he tried to stand up in his high-chair. I quickly blurted out, "Sit down! Do you want another one of those?" while pointing at his eye. The waiter wouldn’t stop glaring at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 371
You deserved it 10 695

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Now the waiter thinks that you're an abusive parent. Watch your back OP, your toddler is trying to put you away while he plans to rule the world!

DakotaCat 4

We all know he didn't fall off a cart... He's actually the world's youngest professional boxer

Comments

I love all the pretentious "smart" people on this thread, and countless others on FML that preach "Think before you speak!" First of all, you make it sound like you've never blurted out something in your life that made you look silly in context. And secondly, and I think most importantly, I do believe the next time my toddler is about to hurt themselves, I will think really carefully about what some nosy waiter is going to think about what I'm about to say, instead of just blurting something out quickly so my child actually stops before hurting themselves. You must have a real interesting life when you can spend so much time plotting out every single word you say. Oh wait no, it's just really easy to blame people when you're behind a computer screen.

the_elephant_fly 3

haha that's what I was thinking!

I usually sit in FRONT of my screen, thinking of what I'm going to say before I post it, so I don't sound like an idiot. Of course, I always practice the "Think before you speak" rule, especially when talking to children. But then again I usually pay enough attention to my child that they don't get into situations where I have to stupidly blurt something out to keep them from hurting themselves. Gosh, being an attentive parent, what a concept!!

jamrho3708 0

learn proper grammar then perhaps you can judge a skill you clearly will never obtain

Geez! That sucks..but it is crazy funny!

what kind of a mother are you?! you just don't know how to discipline your kid!

kit_gonzalez 0

that is very poor choice of words, especially when around strangers

lol that sounds funny xD want an other one of those? XD you punch ur kid in the eye? lol bad bad bad

you so did not deserve that from a waiter.....god people r sooooooo judgmental now!

sublime420 11